I feel like I am being left out of all the excitement that others on this forum experience on a day to day basis.
- When I ordered my 2012 Jeep, the Dealer service was incredible. The entire transaction took less than 30 minutes. I cannot believe that the Dealer insulted me by not keeping me there for at least three hours.
- Then, Jeep had the audacity to send me a rebate for $1,000. How dare they?
- When I took delivery of the Jeep in October, 2011, the Sales Rep spent 45 minutes explaining how to operate the controls. I cannot believe he wasted my time like that...
- For my one year service, the Dealer insulted me by charging only $17 for an oil change. They also performed a bunch of services I did not request, such as topping off all the fluids, checking tire pressure, washing the car etc. How dare they perform services I did not request?
- The Dealer has a nice waiting area, free Wi-Fi, and Coffee. Why are they treading on Porsche, Mercedes and BMW Dealer turf by offering all this free stuff?
- In the 21 months I have owned the Jeep, excluding gas, I have spent $17 for an oil change. These guys are certifiably nuts to build a vehicle that does not break down, and costs so little to maintain. What are they thinking?
- I spent $38,100 (after the rebate and dealer discount, excluding taxes). Why on Earth are they selling these Jeeps for such a low price, especially with a nicely designed, high quality interior, and great exterior styling?