Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving my development today at 25mph the engine got noisy and there was a slight vibration. I looked at the dash and saw, for the first time at this speed I was in 5th gear. The odometer at 1900, the MDS kicked in for the first time. OK, no more eco mode, and since it will stay off, no big deal.

I was early for an appointment, I shut the car off and was listening to the radio. When the radio shut off I hit the volume button which always turned the radio on for 10 - 15 minutes. Not happening today.

On my way home I stopped for gas. The remote release for the gas door although I could hear it, wouldn't release the door. Luck I knew where the manual release is located in the cargo area.

I hope this is not a sign of thing to come. ;)

--

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Darn sorry to hear about that :-( I also hope for you it's not a sign of things to come. Not that this will for sure fix anything, but if the car were mine I would do a quick going over everything electrical since it did some unusual things. Double check battery connections, go through all the fuse boxes and ensure they are all seated correctly, pop the hood and mess with the ground connections on the frame rails. Check whatever visible connectors you can easily access. Maybe disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect and hope for the best.
I will say this...on more than one occasion and I have even read on this forum that sometimes a new car will literally have a single hiccup and never do it again. Almost like growing pains lol. My 2014 Summit did something goofy with the Uconnect one time and made me nervous and never did it again. That same vehicle also did a really weird transmission shift shortly after purchase and never did it again. My more recent 2015 did plenty more goofy things, but that will never happen again because it's not mine anymore lol.

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,554 Posts
^hey get out of here, traitor!!

Jk. Keep your account active. We know you'll be back!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Leaving my development today at 25mph the engine got noisy and there was a slight vibration. I looked at the dash and saw, for the first time at this speed I was in 5th gear. The odometer at 1900, the MDS kicked in for the first time. OK, no more eco mode, and since it will stay off, no big deal.

I was early for an appointment, I shut the car off and was listening to the radio. When the radio shut off I hit the volume button which always turned the radio on for 10 - 15 minutes. Not happening today.

On my way home I stopped for gas. The remote release for the gas door although I could hear it, wouldn't release the door. Luck I knew where the manual release is located in the cargo area.

I hope this is not a sign of thing to come. ;)

--
Oh no! I do hope this was just a glitch. Your message reminded me that I need to know how to manually open the gas door! I am going to read the manual as soon I hit "submit reply".

Please keep us up updated. I do hope this was just a glitch.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
--
I don't think my radio would ever come on after it shutoff.

·
Quadra-Drive II
2014 Limited
665 Posts
For my radio to come back on after turning off the Jeep and then timing out after the 10-15 minutes...I always had to hit the key over to the ACC (accessory) or in this case the push-button without stepping on the brake. I never heard of hitting the volume button for the radio to come back on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes, exactly what WK2OverlandII has posted.
Looks like your truck is finally trying to work the way it should

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never got to the dealer. I asked a friend of mine to hit the button so I could wiggle the gas door and see if it opened. She hit the button and it open. I put some WD40 on the latch and it has been working since.

I realize something today that they got right. When I got the Jeep I set the temperature to 68 and haven't touched it since. My '14 never worked right until the day I got rid of it, I always had to fiddle with it. It was the first and only cars in years I had to do that with.

So, the honeymoon continues. :thumbsup:

---

·
The Negotiator
2017 WK2 3.6L
5,261 Posts
I never got to the dealer. I asked a friend of mine to hit the button so I could wiggle the gas door and see if it opened. She hit the button and it open. I put some WD40 on the latch and it has been working since.

I realize something today that they got right. When I got the Jeep I set the temperature to 68 and haven't touched it since. My '14 never worked right until the day I got rid of it, I always had to fiddle with it. It was the first and only cars in years I had to do that with.

So, the honeymoon continues. :thumbsup:

---
Glad to hear everything is working again as it should Bill. I hear ya on the HVAC on the '14 not working right. Mine was good until they did the update and then it was crap. Keep the honeymoon going.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear everything is working again as it should Bill. I hear ya on the HVAC on the '14 not working right. Mine was good until they did the update and then it was crap. Keep the honeymoon going.
Thanks Sno.

I'm hoping the is like my '07 Liberty, nothing but oil changes for almost 4 years.

--

1 - 10 of 10 Posts