Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,268 Posts
2015 V6 Overland with 55k. So far only the radiator has had to be replaced. For the vast majority they are extremely reliable.

·
Registered
cattle
1,320 Posts
I want to buy a 2017 t0 19 grand Cherokee and I hear they have reliability problems is this correct
If you plan to keep it past the factory warranty get the extended warranty. Mine has racked up $6K in repairs in 30K (odo 38K to 68K) miles and two years (2017 - 2019)... all covered by the maxCare warranty. Motor mounts, both front struts, upper control arms, radiator. On my own dime I replaced front sway bar end links and rear shocks.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
My '14 Overland had a lot of little issues.
My '17 Summit, purchased in September of '16, has had nothing but oil changes. It has a Hemi.

---

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,268 Posts
Drive both. I drove the V8...loved the noise the the scoot was great. When it came time to purchase the V6 was easier to find, performed well, and saves a couple pennies at the fuel station. The water pump doesn't seem to be a regular service item either. :cool:

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2 Posts
My wife and I have owned two 2014’s (one Limited and one Summit) and now her 2018 Summit; yes, the Summit has air suspension, but there have been no problems (not even any issues) with that. All three have been very good vehicles, although the 2014’s had a few TSB’s and recalls (not a big deal, by any means).

Whenever I “hear” (or read online) something about a product (or person), I may take it under advisement while considering the source. While social media is really big on posts asking stuff like “What’s the best ___?” (usually without an actual “poll”), my first thought is to wonder if the OP is going to buy whatever receives the most votes. ;)

Actual experiences will vary, but everybody I know who has the V6 (aka, “PentaJesus”) or V8 (Hemi) has had few or no problems with either. The V6 will do very well, unless pulling a trailer, but then the WK2 is not really intended to safely pull a larger trailer.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,707 Posts
The pentastar 3.6.was named a top 10 engine in the world for like the 10th year in a row....

·
Registered
456 Posts
2014 LTD, now just over 65K miles; not a single problem with the vehicle, but software updates, well check out all the posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts