Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Get it in black, or with black roof, then black out the chrome. Problem fixed.

Reactions: Guts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The balance of the rear looks stunning but Chrysler are renown for different designs - most good. This could be their Edsel . It has not arrived down under yet but predict slower sales. I recently return from trip to Moreton island (Queensland) where my 10 year old GC performed so well in all conditions including soft sand and mud. Very happy and have had two Landcruisers and a Nissan patrol in the past and while they were great vehicles, would not swap for my Jeep GC... Peter the Petrol Freak..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I recently return from trip to Moreton island (Queensland) where my 10 year old GC performed so well in all conditions including soft sand and mud.
I was up at Rainbow Beach, watching all the P-platers dumping soot down the beach with noisy mufflers blaring..... electric offroading can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I was up at Rainbow Beach, watching all the P-platers dumping soot down the beach with noisy mufflers blaring..... electric offroading can't come soon enough.
When most or all of the vehicles on the roads are electric you might have to take out a mortgage to pay your electric bill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hard to differentiate the WL from most of the other manufacturers SUV offerings. IMHO, the WL looks like the bastard son of a WK and a Durango🙄.
Someone at work has managed to acquire a GC-L, and I've been eyeballing it quite a bit. Appears to me to be a re-badged Durango.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
Someone at work has managed to acquire a GC-L, and I've been eyeballing it quite a bit. Appears to me to be a re-badged Durango.
It's not anything of the sort. Durango is on the same platform as the "WK2" JGC. AFAIK, there's also no plan for Durango to adopt the WL platform going forward...it's likely going in a different direction, maybe even back to BoF.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not anything of the sort. Durango is on the same platform as the "WK2" JGC. AFAIK, there's also no plan for Durango to adopt the WL platform going forward...it's likely going in a different direction, maybe even back to BoF.
Understood, but it's appearance is sure reminiscent of the Durango. Probably that forward-sloped grill.

Seeing as how they're built side by side with the Grand Cherokee, it's hard to see them going a different direction.

BoF?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Body on frame, going to the RAM platform.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
Seeing as how they're built side by side with the Grand Cherokee, it's hard to see them going a different direction.

BoF?
WD has shared the line with the "WK2" Grand Cherokee, but only from MY11 to present. That's likely going away with the next version of the Durango. As John mentions, rumor has it that the Durango will go to RAM and back to Body on Frame like the generation previous to WD that was basically an SUV version of the smaller Dodge (at the time) pick-em-up truck. I'd almost guess that the Durango name will be on a full size, body on frame type SUV, especially given the RAM platform appears to have played a role with Waggoneer/Grand Waggoneer development. There's probably an appeal to have a RAM branded SUV from a competitive standpoint. Midsize SUV will remain the target market for Grand Cherokee in both two and three rows by all appearances. It sounds like Dodge will stick to its intended niche of a performance brand for Charger/Challenger. They are already out of the minivan game and if Durango goes, it's a coupe and a sedan with responsive skinny pedals left.

The WL-75 three row (the vehicle you saw on the road) is built in the new factory next door to what was previously called JNAP/Jefferson North and where the "WK2" JGC and WD Durango have been built. "JNAP" looks to be transitioning to producing WL-74 shortly, but can still build Durango in its present form until it goes to whatever it's meant to be next. The line can physically handle both platforms, according to an insider I asked about it awhile back.

Reactions: dmb182

·
Registered
8 Posts
WD has shared the line with the "WK2" Grand Cherokee, but only from MY11 to present. That's likely going away with the next version of the Durango. As John mentions, rumor has it that the Durango will go to RAM and back to Body on Frame like the generation previous to WD that was basically an SUV version of the smaller Dodge (at the time) pick-em-up truck. I'd almost guess that the Durango name will be on a full size, body on frame type SUV, especially given the RAM platform appears to have played a role with Waggoneer/Grand Waggoneer development. There's probably an appeal to have a RAM branded SUV from a competitive standpoint. Midsize SUV will remain the target market for Grand Cherokee in both two and three rows by all appearances. It sounds like Dodge will stick to its intended niche of a performance brand for Charger/Challenger. They are already out of the minivan game and if Durango goes, it's a coupe and a sedan with responsive skinny pedals left.

The WL-75 three row (the vehicle you saw on the road) is built in the new factory next door to what was previously called JNAP/Jefferson North and where the "WK2" JGC and WD Durango have been built. "JNAP" looks to be transitioning to producing WL-74 shortly, but can still build Durango in its present form until it goes to whatever it's meant to be next. The line can physically handle both platforms, according to an insider I asked about it awhile back.
Thanks for the clarification.

Like everything else, sounds like a "Wait and see".

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland 4x4 V8
5 Posts
Hard to differentiate the WL from most of the other manufacturers SUV offerings. IMHO, the WL looks like the bastard son of a WK and a Durango🙄.
I I suppose some may like it and some don't. I do and I did buy one. I love it!

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6
64 Posts

I so often don’t understand posts on this site and really just wanna say thanks for such an informative explanation!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
IMO and IMO only the WL is close to next to hideous just like some of the other Euro vehicles out there, again IMO.
Didn't FCA learn their lesson with the squinty head lights and that big open mouth like its suppose to swallow up the other big mouth'd vehicles out there and then the final abomination of all, the KNOB shifter. haha

The only saving grace is the traditional 7 port grill but not much else.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 7 grill is even eliminated in the future then they can't legitimately call it a Jeep.
I wish the Euro influencers would get out of the way and let the real Jeep designers do their thing.

The only way i'd own a WL is if i won it in a raffle or someone gave it to me and then i'd sell it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
IMO and IMO only the WL is close to next to hideous just like some of the other Euro vehicles out there, again IMO.
Didn't FCA learn their lesson with the squinty head lights and that big open mouth like its suppose to swallow up the other big mouth'd vehicles out there and then the final abomination of all, the KNOB shifter. haha

The only saving grace is the traditional 7 port grill but not much else.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 7 grill is even eliminated in the future then they can't legitimately call it a Jeep.
I wish the Euro influencers would get out of the way and let the real Jeep designers do their thing.

The only way i'd own a WL is if i won it in a raffle or someone gave it to me and then i'd sell it.
Thanks for the update and let us know how the raffle works out for you.

·
Registered
03 WJ, 4.Slow, 3" IRO
433 Posts
Moparado, I kinda feel the same way you do about the new GC. I just might be able to help you out with that, though. For more than a couple weeks, I've been walking around with a winning powerball ticket in my wallet that I've just been too busy to cash in. But then again, $7 doesn't go as far as it used to.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Moparado, I kinda feel the same way you do about the new GC. I just might be able to help you out with that, though. For more than a couple weeks, I've been walking around with a winning powerball ticket in my wallet that I've just been too busy to cash in. But then again, $7 doesn't go as far as it used to.
Well Guts, if i had a winning powerball ticket for multi millions of dollars, i just might buy one of those WL's for kicks and keep it for a while as my beater then sell it for chump change.:cool:
But i'd have to wear one of those corona masks while driving it, don't want to embarrass myself. haha😄

• Haha
Reactions: Guts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I so often don’t understand posts on this site and really just wanna say thanks for such an informative explanation!
So what are you saying dmb? I said the same thing as Jim in less than 10 words! 😂

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
Well, Geepers, John... :) :D

Reactions: JeeperJohn
21 - 40 of 42 Posts