Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't use Gunk to clean away the oil spillage.
Gunk can cause paint damage.
Dawn (or equivalent) dishwashing detergent would be the way to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it happens to me, I'm going to -

Pay with a credit card.

Immediately return home.

Call the CC company and "stop payment".

Legally protecting their customers is one of their functions.

And it will be fully documented.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Moments ago and in order to get the week started off with a bang, I sent emails to three FCA officials who have been asking installers questions referencing the oil filter assembly leak.

We're needing an update on the current oil filter assembly/adapter leak which pertains to either a crack or break in the assembly or that the system can not withstand a large amount of pressure thus blowing dislodging one of all of the o-rings. According to your last TSBS noticed, you've inform dealerships to simply replace the failing old o-rings with a revised version. We need verification as to what the current reversion of these o-rings are. Contacts have suggested that there are 3 orange rings or is the entire set made of this orange material. What is the orange o-rings made of? Currently there's a few at several jeep & dodge forums speculating to if the revised o-ring replacement is the correct way to handle this issue.

A total re-modification of the oil filter assembly/adapter would be necessary or the system will continue to fail again within 3 years. Within our forums, several members have suggested why the o-rings continue to fail on this assembly. The current system was not designed to handle a large pressurized amount of oil flow at one time. Is this true and what type of pressure can the current oil filter assembler withstand or is suppose to withstand? This issues occurs when the driver stomps on the gas in order to accelerate into traffic thus blowing one of all of the exit o-rings.

Members have suggested in the past that this issue is related to over tightening of the oil filter cap which may not be the case. In this instance we're discussing the possibility of redesigning & relocating the oil filter assembly and reverting back to the old style of oil filter canister. It is possible to tab the exit/inlet holes forward of the engine block as to allow for threaded fittings and tubing to run through top of the block, out the rear of the block there the header, down to one side, then incorporating a secured location/mount for a canister oil filter?

Lastly, Our dealership has informed us, that they have personally ordered 15 of these oil filter assemblies and that there is a national back order of more than 5,000 units. Our jeep is just one of those with this oil filter assemble leak and it's imperative that Jeep look into this issue, correct the issue and get these newly revised assemblies back to dealership ASAP. We also need to know the wait time on either the revised o-ring kit as well as when one can expect to see the revised oil filter assembly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my opinion,

There's not enough fasteners to hold that sub-assembly adequately secure.
Even if it was made out of metal.
And they're too small diameter.
They're un-evenly spaced around the passage ways, inviting failure.
Maybe if there was a gasket between the two mating surfaces with two fasteners, equally spaced around each pass-thru, it might stand a chance.

btw, I believe those orange o-rings are known as VITON seals.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
@17*GRAND$

Thanks for any input you've been offering. Since you've added what type of o-ring these might be I've read somewhere that the orange versions may be meant for the UK market and not the North American market. But As I said in my FCA email. I was wanting verification to this as it states in their TSB notices that dealerships need to replace the current o-rings with the orange one. But again this was posted back in 2017. Plus since you know what type of material these orange rings are made us. it's clear that the orange versions lowest threshold would not hold up in the North American climate. Plus another fellow who's dont this install himself has said what is needed to make this switch/replacement. But claims the lube center actually over tightened the cap thus breaking the assembly. I've asked for an image of the crack.

As for the credit card thing.. if we have to take the jeep direct to Detroit/FCA and had them work on it, then I might dispute the charge. But we can't afford to dispute any charge with our current dealership. But more power to you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Editorial

It's become second nature to exit the house, with a bucket of soapy hot water and crawl under the jeep to wash the oil off it's belly. The jeep turns 73K miles today and with less than 5K left to pay off after 4 years of driving, the wife and I got to talking this morning because I noticed on several of the parts sites are now listing projected dates for this part to arrive by early April. Although jeep claims that our part is made in the USA, some parts are not. It is apparent that our oil filter assembly/adapter was made in China and because of the trades between the US & China we're caught in the middle of this. So instead of jeep reverting the manufacturing here in the US they kept their manufacturing in China even with the stricter trade agreements as set by President Trump.

Now that Biden has taken office, the flow of Chines products will again increase back into mainstream USA. Not trying to go political on anyone, but if by chance the date on those vendors sites keep changing or being pushed back even more months, we're going to have to make a decision. This could mean having to bite the bullet and find the oil filter adapter in some junk yard and hope it's not been damaged or find an alternative part or.. get rid of the jeep. If one buys a vehicle and later learns parts are no longer available, then there's not much can do. One has to either locate an aftermarket part that may not last long or create something of their own just to keep the vehicle on the road. this is one reason you look out into those fields and see abandoned cars.

We've registered with several vendors sites as to keep us posted when this part arrives. We also have a few repair shops on stand by if they find this part. In other words, Is it possible for some company to step forward and start the manufacturing of parts we need, here in the states instead of relaying on China for these parts. At one point I've searched Standard Brand, Omix-ADA, Crown and a few other sites in the hopes we can located this part, because we simply can not wait for Jeep to remanufacture this part in China, then have it checked in through customs, then end up on our dealership shelf months, even years behind schedule.

Our list of options are growing short, as well as our patience.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Editorial II

Welp, the wife approached me this morning and I was very surprised to hear her say.. she wants to get rid of the jeep. Even after all those years of saying she wanted to get back into a jeep and said this was her last vehicle.. she's tired and so am I. So we're giving jeep one last chance & one month time frame for that part to return to stock to make this right.

One thing that made us both think about getting rid of the jeep, is that another fellow who's having the same issue informed me that his jeep was left at the dealership, engines in parts and he's having to wait for the part. Each day and the longer he waits, the more storage fees he accumulates.

To top is off, the dealership is going to charge him $2,000 for this repair. He's between a rock and a hard place and the only way out.. is to get out and that's what he did. A jeep wrangler he's had since 2015 all coming to an end. Just because jeep continues to have their parts built in China instead of somewhere closer to home.

Again, based on some site's part arrival time frame, we're giving @JeepCares one last change to make this right within 1 months time. otherwise a life long relation ship with jeep (7 jeeps in more than 50+ years) will come to an end.

Edit:

So again, my wife is flip flopping because she understands that I'm limited as to what I can sit in and drive. We thought about some sort of utility van, but we both hate all this new technology carap, self driving cars, ESS, traffic avoidance blah blah blah.. This would mean that IF we had to get rid of the jeep, I'd have to see what vehicles I can actually get into and sit in before we buy it. But she said we can't take that chance and with us owning less than 5k on this jeep after only 4 years of payments.. It's far easier for us to see if we can locate an older part, baby the jeep in the mean time. So I'm not disappointed, but we're keeping the jeep.. for now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good luck with your next vehicle as its highly unlikely that Jeep will care if you move on
It will be very hard to find a vehicle that comes without parts made in China or strictly US...it's the way it is now

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to carcomplaints.com & carproblemzoo.com and many online searches or forums relating to the failure of the Oil Filter Assembly (OFA), Jeep has discontinued the manufacturing of the Oil Filter Assembly (OFA) and may be opting for a redesign. What does this mean? It means that at some point within your Dodge or Jeep's history, the current 3.6L/3.2L OFA is going to fail and you're going to be left with oil spewing out the back of your engine, down onto your transmission and onto your exhaust system.

Some have said that this "could" catch fire as an end result. But let's clear the air. According to our Diesel expect, the only way oil can catch fire is if it under extreme pressure & heat. as this would not be the case under the jeep while driving etc. The worse that can happen is the exhaust will smoke.
View attachment 231805
With this part being discontinued, it's our belief that jeep may be redesigning this cooler assembly.

According to another post on the forum, this person is claiming that the oil is bypassing the oil filter entirely. our issues is not related to the oil filter but the oil cooler. So our oil is passing through the filter, but is not passing through the oil cooler. But without removing the intake manifold, The dealership can not verify what or how the oil is leaking other than seeing other jeeps with this same issue. According to jeep, this is not a dangerous or hazardous enough issue to warrant a recall.

You will need to take precautions to routinely degrease and wash this oil back flow off these components and maintain your oil level because there's no replacement on the market. Jeep themselves has known of this issue since 2014 and has not issued any recalls. It is also important to anyone performing your oil change on any of the 3.6L engines, DO NOT overtighten the oil cap as this can break the housing/assembly & seals on the assembly thus causing the leak.

View attachment 231686
Oil Filter Assembly (OFA)

So if you start seeing an oil leak like this on the engine/transmission, One might think it's the rear main seal. Have your jeep diagnosed as to verify if it's your OFA and not the rear main seal. As of one week ago, Our 2017 jeep Wrangler with 72K miles was diagnosed with a failing OFA without any ETA on when the replacement part will arrive. This failing part effects ALL Dodge & Jeep Models with either the 3.2L or the 3.6L Pentastar Engines.

View attachment 231687
Oil leak that looks like a rear main seal failure

I've been doing some cross-referencing of this part on several retailer's parts sites. None of these sites are listing this oil filter assembly or list the assembly as being on back order. The only sites that list this part as being available is eBay & Amazon. We're hoping to hold on any panic buying in order to have the dealership install this part as they will offer a lifetime warranty. Otherwise you can take your chances with using aftermarket parts or buying from sites like Amazon or eBay.

I've also contacted Jeepcares in another forum as well as on twitter and within their Jeepcares web site to see what can be done about this issue. if you're jeep is going through this same issue, then you need to either post you failure date on carcompleints.com or other sites and let others know this is unacceptable. We need this part redesigned and soon.

If your Dodge, Jeep or any other vehicle with the 3.2L or 3.6L engine has this leaking Oil filter assembly, send a contact to @JeepCares here:

Email Jeep
https://twitter.com/JeepCares
Thank you for posting this. I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, 3.6L with 65K and this was diagnosed after a long trip over the weekend. I've been through the same thing as you with trying to locate the part, first through the garage where it was diagnosed, then online where several orders were cancelled because they can't give a date and finally at the dealership where they told the same thing, "20 days out at least."

I posted it on Car Complaints and I am awaiting the approval.

If I consistently monitor the oil level is the vehicle or is it undriveable? Gonna be difficult to bench my only car for an extended period of time with no real end in sight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
@Matthew O

Thank matt for checking in.. Although I've done some research on this and other forum have reported the same issue, I wanted to make it clear that oil filter assembly/adapter is common on the 3.2L and 3.6L engines. However I have just learn that this same 'type" of assemble is also on the Hemi engine as well as the 2.0L/3.0L/3.6L JL & JT engines which all have some form of newly designed above the block oil filter assembly. So this is a total Jeep/Dodge etc engine failure on all aspects. I've double cross referenced all types of oil filter assemblies from the 3.2L moving up to the 3.6L. Just so others know that this also applies to the 2.0L (gas) & 3.0L (diesel) engines. So if you think you're 2020/2021 jeep/dodge will not be effected by this issue, you'd be dead wrong.

The issue is that most will say that the weakest spot to this design is the lowest spot below the oil filter container tube. However, my discovery shows this is only one small part of these weakest link. The units o-rings will blow out or dislodge from their seated positions thus causing an oil leak. As I posted in other forums, this dislodging of the o-rings occurs when one stomps on the gas as to accelerate into traffic which sends a massive amount of oil and pressure to the units o-rings. I've registered with several sites this past week looking for any updates. at that time, these sites did have dates. But checking this morning.. those dates have been removed and in big red letters (Discontinued) or (Not Available).

Sorry for the long winded comment.. but to answer your question, The issue is either you have a cracked unit or is it just the o-rings has bene dislodged.. if oil is getting to the oil filter you're fine to drive the vehicle. but it would require you to constantly maintain the oil level. it actually looks worse because the oil is basically flowing or back flowing from the oil cooler, that's if it's entering into the oil filter and not just leaking out from the unit. (Basically this failure pushing the spent oil out the oil filter assembly top of the engine which doesn't return back to the oil pan) This is why every time I check our oil level the oil is clean looking and not burnt.

We've bene driving the jeep for 2 weeks now with this leak and although it's not leaking like a sieve.. we get a gush of massive oil all over the rear of the engine, transmission and down onto the exhaust cross pipe. This is because the oil collects between the engine heads slowly fills up the when you hit a bump or turn a sharp corner the oil in the valley spills out onto the rear of the engine down onto the trans etc. I recommended that you do not take long trips and do not go off roading. If you decide to drive the jeep with this oil leak, you're going to have to baby it. take back roads instead of major highway speeds etc.

Borrowed this image from another jeeper who's been talking to us about the same issue. He did the repair himself but with a lessor or outdated unit.

The bad part all this, there's NO ETA on when this part will arrive and may are getting rid of their jeep/dodge etc and writing complaints like you & I have and jeep isn't or hasn't done anything about this. So if you happen to take your Dodge/Jeep to the dealership and they remove the intake manifold, see the leak and know this part is on national back order, you're screwed because they aren't going to reinstall these parts for free and may ask that you don't drive the jeep till the part arrives which could be months/years.

As I said in my #48 comment, the fellow not knowing, took the jeep in and the dealership completely disassembled his engine, left him hanging and he's going to get rid of the jeep all because either your lube center over tightened your oil cap or you've stomped on the gas (like I did) and blew the o-rings. The way we look at it, we've going to drive this jeep till jeep recalls this part or the engine blows. Not that we're trying to make the engine blow. but as you said it is our only vehicle and the only vehicle I can fit and sit in comfortably.

However, There is a small glimmer of hope. I've send an email to some of those engineers we've work with over these last 20 years. I'm calling all engineers to band together and create a new better oil filter design seeing that jeep has not given me/us any idea when this part will be back on the market. Current I'm waiting to hear back from those engineers to see if any of them have the time to dissemble/analyze the current oil filter assembly. 68365931AB Building a better mouse trap sort of speak. Only thing I can say now, is pray that those engineers I sent email to, reply favorable and we can get those 3D printers working on the creations of a new redesigned assembly. Only thing I can say now, is pray that those engineers I sent email to, reply favorable and we can get a 3D printed working on the creations of a new redesigned assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Matthew O

Thank matt for checking in.. Although I've done some research on this and other forum have reported the same issue, I wanted to make it clear that oil filter assembly/adapter is common on the 3.2L and 3.6L engines. However I have just learn that this same 'type" of assemble is also on the Hemi engine as well as the 2.0L/3.0L/3.6L JL & JT engines which all have some form of newly designed above the block oil filter assembly. So this is a total Jeep/Dodge etc engine failure on all aspects. I've double cross referenced all types of oil filter assemblies from the 3.2L moving up to the 3.6L. Just so others know that this also applies to the 2.0L (gas) & 3.0L (diesel) engines. So if you think you're 2020/2021 jeep/dodge will not be effected by this issue, you'd be dead wrong.

The issue is that most will say that the weakest spot to this design is the lowest spot below the oil filter container tube. However, my discovery shows this is only one small part of these weakest link. The units o-rings will blow out or dislodge from their seated positions thus causing an oil leak. As I posted in other forums, this dislodging of the o-rings occurs when one stomps on the gas as to accelerate into traffic which sends a massive amount of oil and pressure to the units o-rings. I've registered with several sites this past week looking for any updates. at that time, these sites did have dates. But checking this morning.. those dates have been removed and in big red letters (Discontinued) or (Not Available).

Sorry for the long winded comment.. but to answer your question, The issue is either you have a cracked unit or is it just the o-rings has bene dislodged.. if oil is getting to the oil filter you're fine to drive the vehicle. but it would require you to constantly maintain the oil level. it actually looks worse because the oil is basically flowing or back flowing from the oil cooler, that's if it's entering into the oil filter and not just leaking out from the unit. (Basically this failure pushing the spent oil out the oil filter assembly top of the engine which doesn't return back to the oil pan) This is why every time I check our oil level the oil is clean looking and not burnt.

We've bene driving the jeep for 2 weeks now with this leak and although it's not leaking like a sieve.. we get a gush of massive oil all over the rear of the engine, transmission and down onto the exhaust cross pipe. This is because the oil collects between the engine heads slowly fills up the when you hit a bump or turn a sharp corner the oil in the valley spills out onto the rear of the engine down onto the trans etc. I recommended that you do not take long trips and do not go off roading. If you decide to drive the jeep with this oil leak, you're going to have to baby it. take back roads instead of major highway speeds etc.

View attachment 232084
Borrowed this image from another jeeper who's been talking to us about the same issue. He did the repair himself but with a lessor or outdated unit.

The bad part all this, there's NO ETA on when this part will arrive and may are getting rid of their jeep/dodge etc and writing complaints like you & I have and jeep isn't or hasn't done anything about this. So if you happen to take your Dodge/Jeep to the dealership and they remove the intake manifold, see the leak and know this part is on national back order, you're screwed because they aren't going to reinstall these parts for free and may ask that you don't drive the jeep till the part arrives which could be months/years.

As I said in my #48 comment, the fellow not knowing, took the jeep in and the dealership completely disassembled his engine, left him hanging and he's going to get rid of the jeep all because either your lube center over tightened your oil cap or you've stomped on the gas (like I did) and blew the o-rings. The way we look at it, we've going to drive this jeep till jeep recalls this part or the engine blows. Not that we're trying to make the engine blow. but as you said it is our only vehicle and the only vehicle I can fit and sit in comfortably.

However, There is a small glimmer of hope. I've send an email to some of those engineers we've work with over these last 20 years. I'm calling all engineers to band together and create a new better oil filter design seeing that jeep has not given me/us any idea when this part will be back on the market. Current I'm waiting to hear back from those engineers to see if any of them have the time to dissemble/analyze the current oil filter assembly. 68365931AB Building a better mouse trap sort of speak. Only thing I can say now, is pray that those engineers I sent email to, reply favorable and we can get those 3D printers working on the creations of a new redesigned assembly. Only thing I can say now, is pray that those engineers I sent email to, reply favorable and we can get a 3D printed working on the creations of a new redesigned assembly.
The more experienced guy at the dealership called me this morning and said he's working a deal to get the OFA this afternoon. We will see if he can work some magic. I'm monitoring the oil level every time I use it until the issues is resolved. Thank you for the visuals, they were very helpful!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
@Matthew O

YW. Also, keep in mind as I said in post #48 the other jeep owner went in unknowing and was left out to dry. they are charging him $34.00 a week to store his jeep at the shop until the part arrives with no ETA. Then on top of that charging him for the installation would have included new spark plugs, new fuel rail new o-rings, new upper and lower gaskets etc totaling more than 2K. We enter this with the thought our dealership was going to find the part, install it with new o-rings gasket etc for 700.00

This just in, Jeep cares called my wife and said that they spoke with our dealership:

Quote:
"Your dealership has changed management, Terminated several service technicians and relocated your service advisor to a new dealership and the part for your jeep was never ordered"
End quote.

When I first read the quote, I was under the impression that our dealership went awol and I was furious. But reading it again and after I spoke with our service manager who actually called us from a different dealership said that our jeep was just part of this shake up and because others including myself have talked with jeepcares, seems jeepcares may have had something to do with this restructuring at our dealership. So where does this leave us? According to our service manager (who is now at a different dealership) never stopped working on finding that part for us.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just In:

I've just received information from a major jeep parts retailer, who tells me that there's now is a deficient of over 6000 of these oil filter assemblies on backorder. This retailer also tells me that his supplier say "We are diligently working on remanufacturing this part to meet current demand" Last Bit of info, the retailer also said: "This part should return to stock within 2-3 months from now". end quote. So if you're in line like we are, you can expect a longer wait time to see these oil filter assemblies return to dealer inventory.

Also, We're hoping to have a major announcement by the middle of next week.. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Got something the share this morning as this could explain what's been happening to the o-rings. Using a borrowed image from another fellow jeep who did this repair himself, I've added some arrows as to explain what's been happing to these oil filter assemblies.

The orange arrows show where the rear of this oil assembly is attached. The blue rags hide the other mounting holes as well as the other oil flow tube holes. But take note of the main flow tube hole as marked by the red arrow. There's absolutely no threads or mounting brackets used to install the oil filter assembly. The assembly is simply placed over this and the other holes then tightened down onto the engine block. The main flow hole (red arrow) is where all of the forced oil is sent into the oil cooler which is located on the oil filter assembly. The oil cooler is the metal ribbed device mounted on top of the oil filter assembly.

Oil is constantly being forced upward and into the oil cooler which then flows through the cooler into the oil filter and back out through the front holes which are not seen in this image. Because there's nothing retaining or restraining the rubber seals on any of these oil flow tubes, the assembly merely floats on top of the engine with the hopes that the 5 retaining bolts to hold the assembling in place. The o-rings are merely force fit onto these molded engine holes without any sort of tie down or mounting bracket retaining these o-rings from being dislodged.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
So if one has been following along, I said a few post back that I'll have a major announcement by the middle of this week. Well. I thought I'd go ahead and make this announcement. But I'll need to get you up to speed on this is.

2 weeks ago, we went to a lube center to have them change our oil. We started going to a new lube center because Valvoline has turned rouge on us. spilling oil down the side of the engine, transmission fluid also down the side of the engine, leaving part off the jeep and not correctly tightening critical components in the engine bay as well as transfer case, front and rear differentials. This same thing happen while at Jiffy Lube, so we started going to Valvoline in the hopes that Valvoline would do better.

Right when I would start getting good technicians or start to get to know the shop manager, Valvoline would rotate these people to new locations or we would get some noob techs to handle our oil change. I was growing fond of one of the shops general managers so much so that in one instance, he said he needed a new sway bar end link for this Dodge Avenger. I contacted Moog and was able to get that new sway bar end link.

Long story, short, we started going to a new lube center, and even before they started the oil change they spotted the oil leak under the jeep. They said it looks like a rear main seal. So after the oil change we drove a few blocks to the dealership and paid to have this issue diagnosed. According to the dealership, they said its the oil filter cooler and it needed to be replaced. Again that was 2 weeks ago.

During that time I was searching for the oil filter cooler/assembly and learn as we all know now, that this part is very hard to locate or has been discontinued. Mind you we left the dealership with paperwork claiming that they ordered the part, but it was on back order. nearly 6K units on nationwide back order and the numbers continue to grow.

Although our warranty has expired, I sent contacts to Jeepcares in an effort to inform them we're not happy with how this was being handled. I told them who our dealership was and they did some research for us. But something happen while waiting to hear back from Jeepcares. Our dealership went through a restructuring, several services techs where let go (according to jeep cares) and to top it off.. Jeepcares was not able to locate anything within their records that show our dealership actually ordered the replacement part for our jeep. Our dealership dropped the ball on this, Furious, we came within inches of getting rid of the jeep.

Last Fri, we get a call from Jeepcares saying that our services advisor who was handling our services at the old dealership was relocated to a new dealership and with a new position. That evening our service advisor taking time our of his new schedule, called us saying he has the oil filter in stock and they're ready to install the part on our jeep.

Mind you, our old dealership was approx. 20 mins away from our current location.. The new dealership, where our service advisor is located and where they claim they have the oil filter assembly in stock just for us, is 5 hours away. So this Tue, we're taking time off, driving 5 hours to a new dealership just to have this new oil filter assembly installed on our jeep. I'm hoping I can get in close to find out what really failed on our oil filter assembly and will report back afterward.

So it's now or never, either the jeep will be repaired in less than 1 day, or we'll be driving home in a new vehicle.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The work around, I was informed by one of the forum members that there is simple trick that can return the jeep to a factory setting or that like it was the last time you drove it feeling. Place the key in the ignition, turn the key twice but do not start the vehicle. Press the gas once all the way to the floor and release. then turn off the key. wait a few mins, then start your engine. Once I did the trick, I drove around the block, the jeep feels like it's old self again. But I'm still seeing some oil on or about the rear of the engine, transmission and exhaust system.
It's called the throttle calibration procedure. Some say it's just a placebo effect, others insist it actually works. On my 2018 GC, there's no key to insert so just tap the start button twice to put it in Run mode. Do not actually start the engine.

Throttle Calibration Procedure:

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts