Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was told that the fix would be out the beginning of the 4th qtr. it was not out in October. I have nit been to the dealer since. Going to go this week. If it’s not fixed by the end of this year I’m going to do the same with the lemon law.
Thanks for checking on that, let us know what they say. Knowing their inaccurate release dates, I will go to the dealership first week of January if the new update is not released by then.

·
Quadra-Drive II
2020 Trailhawk
822 Posts
Mine shows Units to change from C to F for temps. Also was there more communication about the software update for the Uconnect?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just talked to Jeep customer care and UConnect today. They could not/would not provide any info as to when the software update will be available. I get the impression that we will be lucky if it is in the first quarter of 2021. The only thing that they told me was that it won’t be “years”.

Unacceptable but you can’t beat city hall or Jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2020 GC Altitude a month ago. Noticed the exact same issue on the instrument cluster not properly displaying remaining distance and the number will jump around constantly as I’m driving. Brought it to my dealer a couple weeks ago and they had never seen or heard of the issue before and saw no update available so they just replaced the radio unit today. The issue is still there, so I guess I’m in the same boat as the others here just waiting for a fix to be released by Jeep. It’s a bit disappointing, as it was the first time I’ve ever purchased a new vehicle and the expectation is that it’s in perfect working order when you first buy it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have just received news that there is a new update regarding this issue. Because the update can only be done at the dealership, one will have to reach out to them to schedule a service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just received news that there is a new update regarding this issue. Because the update can only be done at the dealership, one will have to reach out to them to schedule a service.
Good to know. I talked to my dealer yesterday and they said there was a new update but they didn’t know if it is for this particular problem. Supposed to get back to me today but I didn’t hear from them.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe
95 Posts
I think the 18.43.01 update is the one. It cured mine.
I have the same problem on my new 20 Limited. How did you get the update? The driveuconnect site says I have the latest version for my VIN.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have the same problem on my new 20 Limited. How did you get the update? The driveuconnect site says I have the latest version for my VIN.
I think it's different than the driveuconnect updates, if I'm not mistaken any of those updates can be done remotely. This update is more in depth and can only be done at the dealership with a service appointment. @pineluretom can you confirm you got that update at the dealership?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it's different than the driveuconnect updates, if I'm not mistaken any of those updates can be done remotely. This update is more in depth and can only be done at the dealership with a service appointment. @pineluretom can you confirm you got that update at the dealership?
Oh I see, I thought all updates could be done remotely. I guess I'll have to see what pineluretom says. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh I see, I thought all updates could be done remotely. I guess I'll have to see what pineluretom says. Thanks for the reply!
Spoke to Jeep Customer Care and UConnect this week. The software update is not out yet. The only thing they would tell me is that the update is expected to out in the first quarter of 2021 but no guarantee. I asked to speak to a manager or a case manager and they would not let me. Jeep customer care said that this nav problem doesn't merit case escalation to a case manager. What BS. My dealer talked to the Chrysler Zone/Area manager and got nowhere either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on whether this will qualify for the lemon law? I just bought a 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited at the beginning of October and the incorrect nav display has been an issue since day 1. I was holding off taking it for service because this forum said the Q4 update was going to fix the issue. I'd love to know if anyone else is having luck pursuing the lemon law or anything else to remedy this. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like we are receiving conflicting news regarding this update. This is what I received from the Jeep Customer Care after I followed up with a case I had with them:
Also, @pineluretom said the update fixed the issue too.

"Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care.
I am showing that there is an update available for this issue. It can only be done at the dealership. We would recommend reaching out to the dealership to have the update completed.
Once update is completed if further assistance is required we would recommend contacting us back toll free at 1-877-426-5337.
Best wishes,
Jeep Customer Care"

I have a service appointment at the dealership first week of January, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like we are receiving conflicting news regarding this update. This is what I received from the Jeep Customer Care after I followed up with a case I had with them:
Also, @pineluretom said the update fixed the issue too.

"Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care.
I am showing that there is an update available for this issue. It can only be done at the dealership. We would recommend reaching out to the dealership to have the update completed.
Once update is completed if further assistance is required we would recommend contacting us back toll free at 1-877-426-5337.
Best wishes,
Jeep Customer Care"

I have a service appointment at the dealership first week of January, so we'll see what happens.
Maybe it's not in all regions yet. I need to bring mine in or a few things in the next few weeks. Mostly worried about a rattle/buzzing from the engine under light throttle/acceleration. it doesn't do it all the time but it's fairly reproducible if I hold the throttle at the right spot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
No, I downloaded it, unzipped it, and put it on an USB stick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would imagine it would be a USB update. Kind of like the GPS update from a few months ago that fixed a location issue. FWIW driveuconnect still says there is no update for my vehicle (based on VIN).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm picking up my GC tomorrow morning but spoke with the service advisor this evening. He echoed what many have been told already. It's a known issue and Jeep is working on a fix but it's not ready. He said it should be ready early next year and it will be an OTA update. If I don't have it by April/May he said to call and they'll check on the status and if it's available schedule me some time to have it updated at the dealer.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts