Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm picking up my GC tomorrow morning but spoke with the service advisor this evening. He echoed what many have been told already. It's a known issue and Jeep is working on a fix but it's not ready. He said it should be ready early next year and it will be an OTA update. If I don't have it by April/May he said to call and they'll check on the status and if it's available schedule me some time to have it updated at the dealer.
Any news on when the update may be available? I contacted Jeep customer care about a month ago and got no satisfactory response.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe
95 Posts
No news about any update here. It's such an obvious issue I can't understand how it got out of UCONNECT regression testing. Then again, maybe there was no regression testing. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
No news about any update here. It's such an obvious issue I can't understand how it got out of UCONNECT regression testing. Then again, maybe there was no regression testing. lol
Spoke to my my service advisor and was told that the manufacturer of the radio head is who is responsible for the software update. So if this is true Jeep is relying on a 3rd party supplier to fix this problem. Ughhhh. Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I went to my dealership about a month ago and they did not have the update yet.
Same here, I've received conflicting information but no update. I just got off the phone with Jeep Wave Care and they said they are working on another update....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Spoke to my my service advisor and was told that the manufacturer of the radio head is who is responsible for the software update. So if this is true Jeep is relying on a 3rd party supplier to fix this problem. Ughhhh. Anyone else heard this?
I haven't heard this. Do you or anyone have an idea on who is the manufacturer of the radio head?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't heard this. Do you or anyone have an idea on who is the manufacturer of the radio head?
So i talked to Jeep customer service on 2/26. They told me that the software update began to be rolled out by region on January 21. They could not provide any info on what regions or what the rollout schedule is.
Not sure I believe that the young lady knew what she was talking about.
Anyone hear anything similar?

·
Registered
95 Posts
So i talked to Jeep customer service on 2/26. They told me that the software update began to be rolled out by region on January 21. They could not provide any info on what regions or what the rollout schedule is.
Not sure I believe that the young lady knew what she was talking about.
Anyone hear anything similar?
Not recently but when I had my Jeep in the end of December and inquired about it they said early this year. So if she's correct then that does fit the timeline my dealer gave me the end of December.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So just picked up a 2020 WK2 manufacture date 7/2020. Same issue with the display in the gauge cluster with inaccurate miles.

On the (1600 mile) drive home I was prompted multiple times to do a new uconnect update and eventually it did it automatically. No change to the gauge cluster inaccuracy issue. I looked at 'what is new' in the update and it just said uconnect 'improvements'. Who are yall talking with at Jeep cares about this? I may as well reach out - not like going to the dealer will help.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
100 Posts
If this was a software problem, wouldn't all WK2s exhibit this behavior? Reason I ask, our 19 GC works just fine......

Keith

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 2015 didn't have this problem either. None of it makes any sense to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This is a drag, I wonder if some of us acquired defective Jeeps. I currently have three problems which are not resolved:

1. Inaccurate miles on instrument cluster
2. ACC/FCW limited functionality warning messages (requires service)
3. No “units” submenu in settings to change temperature units to Celsius from Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It does kind of seem like there could be a bad/different component as the issue. Mine is a 2020 with a July 2020 manufacture date. I'll have to check on your number 3 problem. I haven't seen your number 2 problem.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts