Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searches and couldn’t find any threads explaining whether installing/enabling OEM blind spot detection has been attempted on a WK2 limited, or if it’s just too cost prohibitive (or difficult) to add it after the fact.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
GC Limited
157 Posts
I would imagine it's pretty cost prohibitive. Adding the options codes to the BCM would trivial but the issue would be the wiring. Off the top of my head, you'd need the following:
-Right/left rear sensor and mount
-Mirrors with blind spot lights
-Wiring harness
-Maybe a module to for the sensors (not sure as I have never looked into it)

The biggest hurdle would be the wiring harness. Unless the plugs are there, and I don't think they are on my Limited from what I remember, you will either need a new harness or make your with diagrams from Tech Authority.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,451 Posts
Want Blind spot?

Sell/Trade current Jeep for Jeep with BlindSpot. /endthread

·
Registered
Laredo E
200 Posts
Here are some basic pictures in case you still want to pursue this.

Find out if the dealer can add the sales code for BSMonitoring to your VIN.

If someone could post the complete wiring schematics for the system, then you can start looking at customizing a harness.

The BSM are mounted in the bumper and seems to be linked with the ParkSense in one harness.

You will need the Left/Right BlindSpotRadars(pulled used at the auction site from $150 each side) plus I believe 1 BlindSpot/ParkSense Module(about $200).

Also the location of Original Body harness vs Non existent body harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
GC Limited
157 Posts
I am going to bring this thread back from the dead as I am working on adding blind spot to my RAM and the process for the GC is going to be the same. I actually have 2016 GC sensors coming to test in my 2015 RAM as the 2019 RAM modules are throwing ECU mismatch errors.

As an outline for the process to install, it's actually pretty simple on the 2014+ Jeeps. The sensors need the follwoing:
  • Power
  • Ground
  • CAN IHS+
  • CAN IHS-
The sensors are the same from the left to the right side and there are no other modules that are needed; just the two bumper corner sensors. Plugs are available for purchase on mouser for about $5 dollars for connectors and pins. The sides are defined by an extra ground (pin 3) on the right side that is not grounded on the left. From there, an LED (or mirrors with BS) need to be wired/pinned into the door modules. You need a switched RUN source for power, from the factory they use the same circuit as the parking sensors and rear view camera. The CAN lines for both sensors need to run into the nearest CAN-IHS connector (white with green plugs).

The other obvious point is that you either need a bumper with brackets to mount the sensors or make your own bracket mount them in roughly the same spot as OEM. The 14/15 GCs sensors (Continental SRR2B) are different from the 2016+ sensors (Continental SRR3B) so you will need to get sensors matching your years. That being said, I will be trying the 2016 sensors in a '14 Jeep when I get them just to see if they are compatible or not.

The options can then can be enabled via AlphaOBD as follows:
Doors Configuration:
Blindspot Mirror Present: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
Vehicle Config Customer Settings Menu 1:
Blind spot alert CSM: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
Programmed ECUs: Cabin Network:
RBSM Right Blind Spot Module: ' NOT ENABLED ' -> ' ENABLED '
LBSM Left Blind Spot: ' NOT ENABLED ' -> ' ENABLED '

This is a process that has worked for guys with 2017/2018 Rams that installed the tail lights and sensors from 2019 HD Rams.

EDIT: If the two CAN lines and run relay control are present in the bumper harness then this is even easier.
JeepRearFasciaConnector.JPG

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right on man, awesome write up/details, good luck on your attempt and pls keep us posted.

Thanks to all for info and pics. Anyone know if the BS bumper bracket mounts are an orderable part?

·
Registered
GC Limited
157 Posts
Right on man, awesome write up/details, good luck on your attempt and pls keep us posted.

Thanks to all for info and pics. Anyone know if the BS bumper bracket mounts are an orderable part?
It looks like it comes with the bumper. I might call a couple of local junkyards in hopes that they have a smashed bumper or two that I cut the brackets out of then epoxy them in on my Jeep.

·
Registered
GC Limited
157 Posts
I don't have the full diagram but overall, the modules need run relay control power (same circuit as rear camera and park assist) and two CAN IHS lines. The right side sensor has an extra ground to designate it as the right side sensor.

The LEDs need to be wired into the door modules on C1 pin 3 as driver and pin 2 as return.

From there, there are handful of options that need to be enabled in the BCM to make the system functional.

The biggest hurdle is either getting a bumper with the sensor brackets or finding the brackets and attaching them to the bumper.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have the full diagram but overall, the modules need run relay control power (same circuit as rear camera and park assist) and two CAN IHS lines. The right side sensor has an extra ground to designate it as the right side sensor.

The LEDs need to be wired into the door modules on C1 pin 3 as driver and pin 2 as return.

From there, there are handful of options that need to be enabled in the BCM to make the system functional.

The biggest hurdle is either getting a bumper with the sensor brackets or finding the brackets and attaching them to the bumper.

Thanks roman

will have to pursue this when it gets warmer I have the bsm mirrors already

·
Registered
GC Limited
157 Posts
Right now I am in the hunt for a destroyed bumper so I can pull off the brackets. Not much luck yet but I'm not in a hurry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys
I have 2015 jeep srt and I need the driver side bracket for the blind spot module. Anyone knows part number? I have been looking for hours and I can not find it. On 1 of Mrkonow pics i saw part number "365717 rear bracket LH WK14 Summit". Dealership told me is one piece with rear bumper... but on those pictures it seems to be like a separate part

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Guys
I have 2015 jeep srt and I need the driver side bracket for the blind spot module. Anyone knows part number? I have been looking for hours and I can not find it. On 1 of Mrkonow pics i saw part number "365717 rear bracket LH WK14 Summit". Dealership told me is one piece with rear bumper... but on those pictures it seems to be like a separate part
Unfortunately it is only sold with the bumper cover you cannot by the brackets seperately. I belive the stamping number is the supplier to chrysler.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I can confirm it can be done. Successfully completed today. Plastic epoxied the brackets on and installed. The wiring harness did not have power or the ihs bus so i had to run wires for all including the ground. But it is 100% functional now 😀

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I can confirm it can be done. Successfully completed today. Plastic epoxied the brackets on and installed. The wiring harness did not have power or the ihs bus so i had to run wires for all including the ground. But it is 100% functional now 😀
Give a little deeper explanation on running the wires please

1 - 20 of 38 Posts