Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,128 Posts
2019 JGC went into production in July 2018 and began shipping in August/September 2018...so that date code is in the middle of the MY19 manufacturing run. If you're saying that your JGC is a MY18, then perhaps the amp was replaced for some reason with one that was newer than the vehicle.

Reactions: 257111

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now, I am not even sure it is a missing cable to the Maestro AR. I cannot find ANY info about installs for a WK2. I am getting very upset. I have seen some videos on other vehicles, and there is no other cable that I can see that I did not get in the package. I am thinking its a speaker load issue, or it has been installed wrong somehow.

If my install guy doesn't get any answers for ARC Audio or iData, tomorrow, I am going to have to rip all this out. I am done. I am basically out of options.

I had initially designed my entire system around the Audio Control D-6.1200. I got it in and come to find out there was a part needed that AC hasn't even released yet! It is called the DM-Link, I believe. I saw it in a video, from 2 years ago, on YouTube from a well known installer. It was a beta version that he was testing for Audio Control. I messaged the guy on YT about 5 weeks ago. He actually emailed me back and confirmed it about that particular part. Well, that video is GONE now. NO info on it from their website and my install guy's distributor had no idea about that part, either.

I am convinced now that I should have just quit then. I only had the front speakers installed at the time. Could have just walked away and lived with the factory system. But, no! I had to try my luck again. That backfired when the serial number from the first Arc Audio ARC1000.6 I ordered wouldn't even register. Sent that back. Again, could have cut my losses. NOPE! Got another Arc Audio ARC 1000.6. The serial number was fine. But, now I am at this point in time, 5 weeks later, everything installed, and NO SOUND!

Another thing is, at this point, my guy is losing money from all the labor he has done and all the time he has spent on the phone with (Audio Control, early on) iDatalink and Arc Audio, looking on Facebook groups and forums, etc.

And, to top it all off, I had to postpone my trip down to see my father because I was waiting on this crap. My Jeep was torn apart and I certainly was not going to drive 1200 miles with no tunes.

Anyone ever get those moments where it seems that everything that could go wrong does go wrong? I know, I know, first world problems.

I'm over it
I actually replaced my headunit because I was afraid of the DSP/Amp issue. I have a Pioneer DMH C5500 paired with the maestro. I did loose my UCONNECT as everything now goes throught the headunit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am just disgusted by the whole situation I am in with this install. I don't even want the crap anymore. I still have no answers from my install guy, iDatalink or Arc Audio. It has gotten ridiculous. I have been dealing with this for 5 weeks. I guess I am just at my breaking point.
Don't give up on it hopefully you can find the parts you need. What can we do to help

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,396 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues. I'll be using the AmpPRO when I do my install.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,396 Posts
I'm not looking forward to doing mine because it seems anymore something always pops up and takes longer then it should. Just did a few things on my GF's JK yesterday that took longer than it should of.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts