Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
VERY!! I've had a couple RAMs, Wranglers, and now the GC! Definitely a PITA!!

Super Moderator
They really make upgrading stuff on the newer Mopar vehicles very difficult.
This is not an FCA thing...almost every vehicle manufactured today has a head unit that's "very integrated" with the vehicle systems, which makes it very difficult and sometimes almost impossible to replace with something third party. These things are no longer just "entertainment systems". When the JGC MY 14 was released with the redesigned electrical system, it was a VERYy long time before any interfaces were available that permitted even thinking about taking out the 8.4AN systems, while it was relatively easy on the MY11-13 JGC, although it still required an interface to retain certain vehicle controls.

Registered
Very inspiring. What do folks think about putting a sub down in the spare tire compartment? Audio shop is suggesting that instead of fabbing up a box to go on the left side of the trunk. I do dig that downfiring box though.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Depends if you're willing to give up your spare tire or have another way to carry it with you in case of emergency? Some have put the spare in a cargo rack on the roof, while others have used a hitch mounted tire carrier. Also depends how the shop does the box.

Registered
2020 WK2 Limited X
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I love my downfiring,. can lay whatever on top, no issues, or remove in 2 minutes IF I needed to carry something large.
I can stand on top of this enclosure, and Im 245 LOL

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Yeah I like the size and protection of the downfiring myself. The Gf has 2-10" pioneer downfiring in her Willys. I almost went that route, but 12's. Still an option....

tsswx3002.jpg

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Glad you finally got it all worked out. I'm contemplating on starting mine next week. Decisions.....

Registered
I used to run two solobaric 15's in a Dodge Magnum but now I have small kids. Ha! JL's 13.5" is like $700 just to go somewhere I don't really want it anyway. Back in the day my audio shop ran like 10 or 12 of them in the back of a utility van, with 1500 watts each. I'll probably do 1200. RMS is 900.

Registered
My vote is whoever is doing this doesn't know WTF they're doing. Or, you don't know what you want and/or any setup you choose, is not going to sound great across every genre of music. I can't really tell because most of your posts are deleted. FCAU really made it hard now that the head unit is integrated and can't be upgraded.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Well things changed for me and my setup haha. Sold the amps, sub and door speakers. I'm going with JL Audio HD900/5, Infinity Kappa components front/rear and I bit the bullet on the same box you have. Hopefully installing soon. Lol

Registered
Well things changed for me and my setup haha. Sold the amps, sub and door speakers. I'm going with JL Audio HD900/5, Infinity Kappa components front/rear and I bit the bullet on the same box you have. Hopefully installing soon. Lol
Word! What sub you going with? I could be mistaken but I think they could put a 15 in that spot w minor vehicle modding. I've seen with another group where they used that entire space and ported the box under the cargo floor. Would make it harder to go back to factory though. I will say my Audiofrog with 1000+/- watts is perfect. It can get loud enough to hurt your ears but it's rare. The bass is loud, dynamic but not overwhelming. Keep me posted.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I'm going with the same as OP, Kicker downfire 12". I'm not looking to blow windows at my age, almost 50 lol. Just some good thump.

g20648TP122-F.jpg

Registered
I'm going with the same as OP, Kicker downfire 12". I'm not looking to blow windows at my age, almost 50 lol. Just some good thump.

View attachment 232720
Ah, I thought you meant the fab box like I got. If you're shooting for reasonable wattage they can ship you one that will fit in the factory location with zero car modding required. $299. Mine required some modding because I needed at least 1 cubic foot. My setup doesn't move the windows or mirrors, for reference. Honestly with such high sensitivity, I probably don't need 1000 watts on it. So I've been told.
Screenshot_20210317-213936_Google.jpg

61 - 80 of 80 Posts