Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
VERY!! I've had a couple RAMs, Wranglers, and now the GC! Definitely a PITA!!

Super Moderator
They really make upgrading stuff on the newer Mopar vehicles very difficult.
This is not an FCA thing...almost every vehicle manufactured today has a head unit that's "very integrated" with the vehicle systems, which makes it very difficult and sometimes almost impossible to replace with something third party. These things are no longer just "entertainment systems". When the JGC MY 14 was released with the redesigned electrical system, it was a VERYy long time before any interfaces were available that permitted even thinking about taking out the 8.4AN systems, while it was relatively easy on the MY11-13 JGC, although it still required an interface to retain certain vehicle controls.

Registered
Very inspiring. What do folks think about putting a sub down in the spare tire compartment? Audio shop is suggesting that instead of fabbing up a box to go on the left side of the trunk. I do dig that downfiring box though.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Depends if you're willing to give up your spare tire or have another way to carry it with you in case of emergency? Some have put the spare in a cargo rack on the roof, while others have used a hitch mounted tire carrier. Also depends how the shop does the box.

Registered
2020 WK2 Limited X
Discussion Starter #66
I love my downfiring,. can lay whatever on top, no issues, or remove in 2 minutes IF I needed to carry something large.
I can stand on top of this enclosure, and Im 245 LOL

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Yeah I like the size and protection of the downfiring myself. The Gf has 2-10" pioneer downfiring in her Willys. I almost went that route, but 12's. Still an option....

tsswx3002.jpg

61 - 67 of 67 Posts