Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some Rigid SS-Pros in Driving Pattern, and used an old wireless controller I had installed in my last few Jeeps. The picture with the lights on outside is only the Rigids on, no other lights. I didn't adjust camera settings or anything, just too the pics with my phone. They are brighter then I expected.

·
Registered
2019 JGC Trailhawk
71 Posts
Holy crap, I love that. I'm with @subbie09, I gotta know more.

Found the mounts.

The lights.

I want to find a lower profile light I think, but I do really like this idea. Saves me the hassle of trying to custom up a bracket for a lightbar on the roof rails.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized that I could program the one of the homelink buttons to operate the lights. I tried it and it worked. I don't need to use the mini controller, I can just reach up and push the homelink button. I only have a single car garage so I still have one more button on my homelink if I wanted to wire something else to the controller.

·
Registered
2019 JGC Trailhawk
71 Posts
I just realized that I could program the one of the homelink buttons to operate the lights. I tried it and it worked. I don't need to use the mini controller, I can just reach up and push the homelink button. I only have a single car garage so I still have one more button on my homelink if I wanted to wire something else to the controller.
Wait, what? Explain please. Are you saying you used that wireless controller and use the home link button to connect to it instead of using the remote?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait, what? Explain please. Are you saying you used that wireless controller and use the home link button to connect to it instead of using the remote?
Yeah I saved the lighting controller radio frequency to the homelink, like you would the garage door opener and now I can open my garage door with one button on the homelink and operate the lights with another.

·
Registered
2019 JGC Trailhawk
71 Posts
Yeah I saved the lighting controller radio frequency to the homelink, like you would the garage door opener and now I can open my garage door with one button on the homelink and operate the lights with another.
Genius option. That solves both my problems in the Jeep and Charger. Nice!

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Genius option. That solves both my problems in the Jeep and Charger. Nice!
Glad it will help you out. I didn't know if it would work. Super excited it did.

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
27 Posts
Can you share how you wired it for power? Did you wired it directly to the battery posts in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you share how you wired it for power? Did you wired it directly to the battery posts in the engine compartment?
I wired the wireless controller, as well as the main power to the lighting relay harness to the positive terminal on the main power feed to the fuse box/TIPM, and the ground to the ground stud jump start point under the hood.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wired the wireless controller, as well as the main power to the lighting relay harness to the positive terminal on the main power feed to the fuse box/TIPM, and the ground to the ground stud jump start point under the hood.
Do you have a picture of this?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have a picture of this?
The first/second pic is of the engine bay and the wireless controller, the dark grey box to the left of the ECM is the wireless controller, third pic is of the positive stud the lights, and controller and the ARB compressor is wired to. The negative of the wireless controller is wired to the ground stud in pic 4 winch is wired to the ground stud in pic 4 and the main positive jump start post. The 2 small brown wires will be covered in loom once I install the Rigid Ignite back up light kit I have waiting to go in once the rear bumper and rear corner guards from Chief Products arrive. Once all that is done I'll loom everything up and set the 3rd homelink button for the backup lights. HTH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts