Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Instrument Cluster Out on 2014 JGC Summit

Tags
2014 summit
5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jacko15 
#1 ·
The instrument cluster in my 2014 JGC Summit went completely black while I was driving it this weekend. All the gauges, lights and displays stopped working. A couple of times it flashed back on for a few seconds and then went black again. I plugged in a diagnostic dongle and got a code of U1411.

Now for the really bad news. I have the Maxcare Lifetime warranty and called my dealership to schedule service. This is a dealership I would have heartily recommended to anyone until yesterday. I have bought four new vehicles from them and always have had great service. I was told they cannot see my Jeep for six weeks. Their service schedule is complete full until then. This is nuts.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this myself?

#2 ·
This sounds like a big and expensive project to undertake yourself. Assuming that the entire cluster is bad and they need to replace it, that’s going to cost a bit. Not to mention having to take apart your dashboard to do so.

That’s unacceptable about your Jeep dealership. I would say your options are
A) call back and talk to a manager to complain. A 6 week wait just to be seen is absurd
B) go to a different Jeep dealership regardless of distance
C) drive your Jeep through the front doors of the dealership and leave a note on the dashboard (kidding. Please don’t do this)

#4 ·
This is a safety issue and should be elevated to JEEP directly under this mantra if your dealer can't do better than that. If no satisfaction at JEEP.. Start making noise on their Twitter and Fbook account. You will get some attn. sooner than 6 weeks.. Believe me....

#7 ·
Did you request a loaner? The only reason I've heard of that much of a wait is if you want a car to drive.. Otherwise I highly doubt any dealership during spring break is so slammed there's a 6 week wait. And if they are, that's just poor management. Must be low on techs.

#9 ·
Before you get all wonky, make sure that your interior light brightness roller wheel dimmer switch down by the headlight switch isn't rolled all the way down. My wife's '14 did that to her on a long drive coming through Atlanta in stormy weather and I got a panic call. Come to find out she had hit that roller wheel dimmer with her knee or something and every time it got cloudy dark, or she went through a tunnel or underpass, and the auto headlights came on, the dash and radio appeared to go black because that dimmer was turned all the way down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.