Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the dome light on the first night drain the battery dead the next morning charged it ran it no issues next day it was dead again charge it again next day it was dead again took it in Les Schwab replace the battery next day it was dead took it back to Les Schwab they said there's nothing wrong with the battery nothing wrong with the alternator. I checked voltages when it was dead and when it was charged by the charger and while the alternator was charging it everything checked out. It's still dies every night if I don't keep it on a charger I was sitting in there trying to figure out what's causing it when I noticed after I shut it off nothing went off except for the radio. Everything else the lights for the gauges the little LCD screen for the push to start and the engine start stop push button and the shifter Park reverse neutral drive lights stayed on after 8 seconds they flashed off and came right back on immediately every 8 seconds it flashes off and comes back on obviously that's going to drain the battery what is causing it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have anything plugged into the OBD2 port? Aftermarket remote start?

Sounds like something is preventing the modules from going to sleep.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I had a Verizon hum installed when I bought it brand new in 2016. I've never had an issue until now after I initially left a dome light on. I've unplugged the battery before when going on a trip still never had an issue. But as soon as I read your comment I went out and unplugged the Verizon hum and all the lights went off. Let it sit over night and no issues, no dead battery, and she started right up! Gonna have to call Verizon and see about getting my money back for the new battery I had installed because of their device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts