Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any advice on correcting a buggy backup camera/radio combo on a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited.
I noticed the problem within the first month of owning this vehicle and have had it in the shop multiple times to try and get it resolved.
I have had it in to two different dealerships, and jeep cares was involved up until yesterday when they closed the case (and of course one of the problems happened again this morning).
I have very intermittent issues with the backup camera not working - just a blank screen with the message to check my surroundings. In addition to this, the radio also acts up from time to time - when I start my jeep everything comes up, but I have no volume control over the radio, I am stuck on whatever volume it was set at the last time it was driven (which sometimes is a bit jarring first thing in the morning).
Neither of these issues happen often, and in fact neither dealership who has looked at my vehicle has been able to replicate the problem. I might go weeks, or even a month between episodes.
To date I have taken this vehicle in 5 times to have this looked at. The radio was reset once, and then replaced once.
Unfortunately after the radio replacement 3 months ago my vehicle health, gas status, and gps location in uconnect no longer work (though I have been assured it will magically start working again the first week in October, but I guess thats a different issue). Jeep cares informed me that since the dealership could no replicate the problem, there was nothing further they could do and they would be closing out my case. To say I am frustrated with this would be an understatement. I am not getting what I paid for (in this case I would consider the backup camera failure a breach of the advertised safety system). Other than these issues, I really love my Jeep. Its just hard to accept these problem on a vehicle that cost this much. Has any one else experiences similar problem and managed to find a resolution?
Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Material property Font

·
Banned
119 Posts
I have the crappy 7 inch screen and mine does the same thing. My biggest issue is that it freezes during the "load" screen and I'll drive a few miles before it unlocks and the radio starts again. The reverse camera randomly doesnt come on either. Jeep doesnt care and neither do the dealerships. I had them update the software twice now and "they cant see any reason why a software update wouldnt fix this issue, so your good to go". I even submitted a complaint to Jeep and got a snarky response that the engineers "were aware" of the issue but nothing has been confirmed to be updated. That was in 2019...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts