Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 Jeep GC and want to add the iPhone ap so I can start it remotely, etc. I look forward to starting it from the plane next winter and hopping in a warm car! I went to the Uconnect website and it said its still not available for Jeep, yet I saw a forum member on a thread mention they had it.

Is it available yet? If so, how do I get it? I asked my salesman and he wasn't even aware of it.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Go to the apps on your phone and search ucomnect. I have it on mine

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I think you have to sign up on the ucomnect website

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you have to sign up on the ucomnect website
Yeah, I messed around and figured that out. I registered on the site but when I enter my VIN to register the vehicle it gives me a system error message. I'm hoping its just a temporary issue. Maybe system maintenance over the weekend? Anyway, I can't seem to get it to recognize my vehicle.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
I hooked mine up on Wednesday when I took my '14 Overland home. The iPhone app works great!

Only gripe: it can take up to a minute or so for the remote start signal to be sent from the phone before the Jeep actually starts up. Or for anything to activate, that is (honk, lock, unlock, etc.).

Can't really complain - it's a sweet feature.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too had a problem registering mine. Keep trying and it should eventually work. I do notice that sometimes I have to log-out and log back in to get the app to work (do this if the full control panel does not appear).

I have also seen 1 minute plus before the command get's executed. Be patient, not big deal.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've had the same issue with the delay. It's not a big deal since I would only use this if I'm outside the range of my keys and I haven't started heading to the car yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, figured it out. It finally recognized my VIN allowing me to register my vehicle. It does take a minute or so to recognize the command which is ok with me. The main two times I can see myself using this is when I get off the plane after a trip in the winter and at the office in the winter. Both times I would want it would take me more than a minute to get to the car anyway. Awesome, awesome feature!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Will these services eventually be a monthly /yearly charge?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hope they make it a la carte and offer a low fee for just the lock/unlock. I think that is all I would ever use and only in an emergency.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I found this press release from Chrysler about the "via Mobile" part of UConnect Access...

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=E9897E80D24C0A6E300E1902CDF5BB32?&id=13633&mid=9

I'd like to know the follow-on subscription rates once the free trial is over, so I emailed the person listed in the "Contact Info" box on that press release. I also sent an inquiry via the UConnect Access support page.

I'm mainly interested in the remote start via smartphone function, so I hope they will have an a-la-carte subscription available.

I'll post any information once I receive it.

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
I found this press release from Chrysler about the "via Mobile" part of UConnect Access...

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=E9897E80D24C0A6E300E1902CDF5BB32?&id=13633&mid=9

I'd like to know the follow-on subscription rates once the free trial is over, so I emailed the person listed in the "Contact Info" box on that press release. I also sent an inquiry via the UConnect Access support page.

I'm mainly interested in the remote start via smartphone function, so I hope they will have an a-la-carte subscription available.

I'll post any information once I receive it.
Well, this is what their competition currently charges with their 2 packages, hopefully UConnect retains more functionality without subscription and CHEAPER:

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
I assume this is only for '14 models and not '11-13?
Yes, the UConnect Apps, (as far as I know) are for the MY14 RA3 and RA4 UConnects only (via UConnect Access)

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I received this reply from Chrysler Customer Service regarding my inquiry as to Uconnect Access via Mobile renewal fees:

"Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center. <O:p</O:p
<O:p></O:p>
Unfortunately, we have not been given a cost for the uconnect access as of yet as the trials are still being put into some vehicles. We do apologize that we cannot provide more information at this time."

<O:pI have not heard yet from the other person listed in the Contact Info of the press release; I suspect the answer will be the same.</O:p

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Just received this reply from Eric Mayne, the Chrysler Media Relations Manager listed in the press release I linked to earlier.

"RA4 radios that feature navigation come with a complimentary subscription to Uconnect Access. Renewal pricing will be announced soon. Uconnect Access Via Mobile launch and pricing announcements will follow, later this year."

I wrote back that it would be nice to have a-la-carte pricing for the "via Mobile" feature because the only "app" I can see myself using is the remote start via iPhone. Don't want to pay for all the other streaming features, just to start my car.

He forwarded that input to the Uconnect folks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts