Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Is it better to buy Overland or Summit with adjustable height or Limited with Lift Kit

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  dansandiego 
#1 ·
Looking to trade my Ram 1500 on a Grand Cherokee. I do some off roading and need opinions on whether to go Summit or Overland for their adjustable ride height or a limited and put a 2.5 inch lift kit? Opinions?

#5 ·
Don't get the Summit if off-roading is your focus. Get the Overland, Trailhawk, or Limited (and throw on a lift). I have the Summit and mechanically it is just as capable but unfortunately a lot of the body panels get in the way and are not as compatible with aftermarket parts as the other models. I take mine off road but if I had to do it over again I'd go Overland.

#6 ·
Purely subjective. There is no "better" without some qualifiers. For example, if you want your JGC to always be at lifted height, you cannot get that with Quadra-Lift. There are speed restrictions on the two raised levels (25mph and 40mph) and for good reason...ORA-II, the highest level, is only for moments when you need that extra half inch to clear something at very low speed. While the system can be manipulated slightly to reset "normal" to an inch higher or lower using either alternative mechanical sensor links or some expensive software solutions, you cannot keep it up high. If that's your goal...the standard spring suspension is what you want.

These things are discussed extensively in the dedicated sub-forum up above...years of discussions. :)

#10 ·
You are one of the lucky ones with the first batch of reliable rubber. There are several documented failures for more recent models. Either way rubber parts have a life. I have heard Chrysler had a lifetime warranty in the US which they stopped. Those who were lucky enough to get that can keep these vehicles for a very long time. OME has a good lift kit for the WK2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.