Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light came on this weekend and a friend of mine read the code for me. It's the curse, cylinder 2 misfire. I'm at 45k miles with the penstar. I don't have an appointment since it happened during the weekend, is it o OK to use the truck one more day and take it Tuesday?

Just want to be safe and not really sure if it will make a difference to wait another day about 45 miles back and forth from work. I had a rough idle for a while buy dealership didn't find anything wrong before.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yeah you can drive it, won't be any more damage. Don't let it go long, I'd get it fixed within 5000 miles or so... but its not an immediate issue where other things can be damaged.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm more concerned than the others. My wife's Pilot had the same code and it turned out that the spark plug had come loose (it happens on Pilots of that generation). I caught the problem before the spark plug threads were ruined in head. The unburned fuel did harm the CAT which caused more error codes.

·
Registered
2011 WK2
31 Posts
If you look on the forum here there is a whole thread about this and if it is okay to drive on it. You might get some more information on it as well as how long it will take to fix. Not trying to be mean or a jerk just giving you a heads up where to find more information about it. This issue happened with me about 2 months or so ago. Good luck and hope it is covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I got it back in two days. They covered it under the engine 100k miles warranty. Replaced the head, all gaskets and new plugs. They also replaced the sway arms under my extended warranty because they were starting to crack. I only paid for the plugs and half an hour labor 166.00. Runs better than new now. I refused oil change but they changed for free.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts