Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 grand Cherokee summit 2wd diesel. I was in a wreck over a week ago and still haven’t heard back anything! It had 100,700 miles on it!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ouch, sorry to see that.

Whether your insurance considers it a total depends on the repair estimates and the blue book value.
I'd say it could be a close call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch, sorry to see that.

Whether your insurance considers it a total depends on the repair estimates and the blue book value.
I'd say it could be a close call.
Hood won’t open! I should note the insurance company sent it to IAA which is where they send cars they believe to be salvaged and kbb and nada value the car a little over 18k!

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,172 Posts
Looking at how offset the drivers front wheel is, the dash replacement (~$3,000), dash bags, roof bags, headliner, replacement frame rail, sub frame, rad support, rad, intercooler, body panels. There's no way that won't be totaled.

You're not even considering at this point if the drivetrain has been deformed. Take a look at how the rear diff is sitting...

·
Registered
128 Posts
We had similar damage to our 2014 Overland - insurance wrote it off, they were quoting over CAN$40k to repair (we had only ~30k miles on it as well).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s good to know! I’m supposed to find out today hopefully! I’m hoping at this point it’s a write off!

·
Registered
Limited
69 Posts
My 2014 Limited with 54,000 miles and similar damage and it was totaled. The insurance company didn't think twice about it and wrote me a check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2014 Limited with 54,000 miles and similar damage and it was totaled. The insurance company didn't think twice about it and wrote me a check.
Of course mine is being so slow with it they looked at it today and I’m supposed to know tomorrow after they do numbers and mess I’m just hoping at this point for a total!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
260 Posts
Most likely totalled and to be honest I wouldn't want to drive that if it wasn't.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Agree with catch11!. Do not go by blue book. Look for comparable vehicles in your area (same model, trim, year, miles, etc). They should pay the price to replace your vehicle with a comparable one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts