Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
You already have Osram's stock. However the CBI's are a good upgrade over stock. There are a number of threads showing the difference.

·
Registered
2013 Lexus GS350
522 Posts
I ordered CBI Osrams and will be putting them in tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered CBI Osrams and will be putting them in tomorrow morning.
Looking forward to the comparison pics, I'm debating the Philips ultinon as well

·
Registered
2013 Lexus GS350
522 Posts
Looking forward to the comparison pics, I'm debating the Philips ultinon as well
Unfortunately I won't have comparison pics as I'm going from halogen headlights on my 17 GC to OEM HID headlights with Correy's harness he made me. Had I had my 14 Overland I would have been able to take comparison shots cuz that had the factory Osram 4300k HID's. I'm sure it'll be a night and day difference especially since I'm upgrading my fogs to the OEM SRT LED fog lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there anyone who has used LUMRO D3S Xenon HID Bulbs? I want to upgrade my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 and found and online store offering D3S Xenon HID replacement bulbs at super low price with hassle free one-year warranty. Before I make a purchase just want to get suggestions. Please recommend, here is the product I want to buy.

·
Registered
cattle
1,262 Posts
Is there anyone who has used LUMRO D3S Xenon HID Bulbs? I want to upgrade my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 and found and online store offering D3S Xenon HID replacement bulbs at super low price with hassle free one-year warranty. Before I make a purchase just want to get suggestions. Please recommend, here is the product I want to buy.
If you are just looking at bulbs it would mean you already have D3S bulbs. Unless they are burned out/end-of-life replacing them will just restore "normal", it won't be an upgrade of any kind and it's unlikely there would be any meaningful difference in the light output from different brands because 35 watts is 35 watts. As to quality, I have no idea about that brand but I would advise as follows, many people find replacing the headlight bulbs in these vehicles to be difficult, others say they were able to get their hands in the access holes and it wasn't too bad to do. If you wind up on the "difficult" side you might be removing and replacing the whole front end plastic cover to get to the bulbs. With that as a possible outcome do you want to take a chance on unknown quality bulbs that you have to replace in a short while? Even if the replacement bulbs are free you still have to do all the work of RRing them.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
233 Posts
I am currently running Osram , the stockers are the good but the color bothered me. I wanted my lows to match my fogs so i ended up going with the CBB or Cool Blue Boost. Now there is a long story on Osram and how they name and rate their bulbs. Let me start by saying any of the Osram Cool Blue bulbs after warm up will all be pure white in color. At first warm up they might turn purple or blue and then level off after about a minute. Now the thing with Osram as with any bulb company is they also rate on Kelvin color. The CBB that i have are rated at 7k and anyone who knows the scale knows that should be a very blue color with poor output, however thats not the case. The output or lux is just a tad bit better than stock but the color of the output is pure white and not yellowish. There is a video on youtube from The Retrofit Source comparing the Osram bulbs and its from them that i got the info i want to state. They seem to think that with Osram bulbs that the higher the K rating, the brighter the bulbs actually are in terms of lux. So technically there kelvin rating doesn't relate to the actual color output. I know that doesnt make sense but after multiple videos ive watched comparing the bulbs from The Retrofit Source and Headlight Revolution , the claims seems to hold true. Now if its output your after then the Night Breaker Laser i believe is the best option from them but you wont have the pure white color but great output.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just put in Philips Extreme Vision 2 which from what I've seen are suppose to be one of if not the brightest available, comparable to the Osram Night Breaker which are suppose to be the brightest offerings. I would say there's maybe a 20% difference in output and slightly better color overall. I wouldn't say it's an OMG difference but it's slightly noticeable. Not sure if it's worth $200 for bulbs since I've read our projectors aren't the best quality but the overall output is decent. Now just need to raise them a bit since they point too low from the factory.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
233 Posts
I just put in Philips Extreme Vision 2 which from what I've seen are suppose to be one of if not the brightest available, comparable to the Osram Night Breaker which are suppose to be the brightest offerings. I would say there's maybe a 20% difference in output and slightly better color overall. I wouldn't say it's an OMG difference but it's slightly noticeable. Not sure if it's worth $200 for bulbs since I've read our projectors aren't the best quality but the overall output is decent. Now just need to raise them a bit since they point too low from the factory.
The Phillips are a great bulbs for damn sure. They also make a White Vision Gen 2 "LED Effect" that seem to get great reviews. Only one thing i will mention to anyone is just like you said , they are expensive. With that being said OSRAM and Phillips manufacture their bulbs with Trust codes. If anyone purchses bulbs from these companies and they "got a steal" on them , double check the code to make sure they are authentic from the company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts