2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
its the treatment they use on it to make it durable for the dash i would assume

·
Registered
2014 Overland
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Durable is good.. How should i go about maintaining it leather cleaner and conditioner or just a damp cloth?
BTW Scott your GC looks great I usually don't like cars with black rims but damn yours looks great.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
thanks....I use a damp micrfiber to clean and then some bluemagic conditioner. let dry a little and then buff off. Not shiny at all....good stuff.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I love this site. I have a '14 Summit and was wondering how to clean the interior as to what was leather and what wasn't.

I'm assuming the seats are leather as well - does that include the backs of the seats too? I know some maunfacturers make the seating areas leather and then put faux leather on the sides and backs. Just curious if Jeep did the same.

Also Scott, do you know where I could order a black grill insert like you have on your SRT? My Summit is white and I'm thinking that would look super on it.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
I love this site. I have a '14 Summit and was wondering how to clean the interior as to what was leather and what wasn't.

I'm assuming the seats are leather as well - does that include the backs of the seats too? I know some maunfacturers make the seating areas leather and then put faux leather on the sides and backs. Just curious if Jeep did the same.

Also Scott, do you know where I could order a black grill insert like you have on your SRT? My Summit is white and I'm thinking that would look super on it.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.
I treat my entire seat like leather FYI...so I clean it with blue magic leatehr and vinyl cleaner and then condition wiht the blue magic conditioner cream.

You can get the altitude grille altready painted gloss black from justforjeeps.com Use code jeepgarage5 for 5% more off their already low prices.

LOL...no sir....use this

Gatzies - 16-oz. Leather Cream Conditioner

They also make a leather and vinyl cleaner that you can use on the entire wk2 interior to clean it. It smells really good! I also find it easy to find at most autpo parts stores like autozone, advanced auto, walmart etc.

·
Administrator
11,460 Posts
I use Lexol products (since we already have it for our saddles and bridles) but something specific for leather care is best. Stay away from stuff with silicones, etc.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
If the inside of your windshield gets a light film on it, it is probably the chemicals evaporating.
When dashboards were metal, only cars with smokers got that film.

----

·
Registered
217 Posts
I treat my entire seat like leather FYI...so I clean it with blue magic leatehr and vinyl cleaner and then condition wiht the blue magic conditioner cream.

You can get the altitude grille altready painted gloss black from justforjeeps.com Use code jeepgarage5 for 5% more off their already low prices.

LOL...no sir....use this

Gatzies - 16-oz. Leather Cream Conditioner

They also make a leather and vinyl cleaner that you can use on the entire wk2 interior to clean it. It smells really good! I also find it easy to find at most autpo parts stores like autozone, advanced auto, walmart etc.
Appreciate the feedback.

I guess I'll have to wait a while to get black grill insert that will fit the '14 Summits. The only one I could find for Summit's were for the '13.

Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA

·
Registered
215 Posts
Appreciate the feedback.

I guess I'll have to wait a while to get black grill insert that will fit the '14 Summits. The only one I could find for Summit's were for the '13.

Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA
I was thinking of doing the same and seeing if the SRT grill and black headlamps would fit the Overland or not. Think it's a sharp look myself. However, ALL of the models look better this year without the chrome grill of the last model

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
sorry...thought you had a 11-13' You can still get a spare 14' grille from justforjeeps and paint it black or buy a black one.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Sorry... Reviving this thread

I bought and used the armor all leather wipes. Not happy at all. I used it on the seats and a bit on the dash. The dash is leather right? I mean it was confirmed in the 1st page. But the dash appears to have streaks. Why? If it's leather. Or is it the wipes that suck?

Help!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
The dash is leather. The wipes suck. I wouldn't use anything other than a soft, slightly damp cloth or towel on the dash or the seats.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Good to know. I guess I did have a feeling it's leather and it won't crack my dash as I was reading elsewhere.

I've read that it will eventually disappear or if it bugs the crap out of me I could use soap and a damp microfiber cloth.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
Good to know. I guess I did have a feeling it's leather and it won't crack my dash as I was reading elsewhere.

I've read that it will eventually disappear or if it bugs the crap out of me I could use soap and a damp microfiber cloth.

Or you could reread MDBones' thread and note, like the owners manual, he recommends just a slightly damp soft cloth. Soap is a last resort.

---

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.