Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo E. There is a white line at the top of the cupholders that I would expect to light up with the ambient lighting, but does not light up in my truck. Does it light up in others? Is there a way to get lighting in there?

Thanks,

Donny

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo E. There is a white line at the top of the cupholders that I would expect to light up with the ambient lighting, but does not light up in my truck. Does it light up in others? Is there a way to get lighting in there?

Thanks,

Donny

Mine lights up blue like around the radio/climate control dials...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Same here, I can't imagine they would take that off the Laredo models.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
Correction, the DO light up. I just checked again
It is amazing how they put so many little features in car today that we don't even notice them. I'm thinking of keeping this vehicle a little longer than I usually do, just to make sure I don't miss anything. :)

---

·
Registered
238 Posts
Take it to a dealer, have them check to make sure the fuse is plugged in. My driver side rear door wasn't lighting up with the ambient lights and the dealership i took it to (different than the one i bought from) just said that something wasn't plugged in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There's probably a connector for those under the shift bezel. It's pretty easy to take off. The top portion of the gear selector pops straight up and underneath is a torx bit screw (if I remember correctly) that once removed allows you to take the entire gear shift bezel off (use a pry tool to pop it up one section at a time). Check to see if the connector is plugged in.

Obviously the dealership would fix it for you under warranty, but if you're like me it's nice to fix these things yourself if you can.

Tony

·
Registered
747 Posts
Turn your headlight switch to on rather than leaving in auto and see if they light up then. There are also lights around the media center SD/USB slots that reportedly only light up if the headlight switch is actually in the ON position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's probably a connector for those under the shift bezel. It's pretty easy to take off. The top portion of the gear selector pops straight up and underneath is a torx bit screw (if I remember correctly) that once removed allows you to take the entire gear shift bezel off (use a pry tool to pop it up one section at a time). Check to see if the connector is plugged in.

Obviously the dealership would fix it for you under warranty, but if you're like me it's nice to fix these things yourself if you can.

Tony
Good advice. There was a connection undone. I plugged it back in and now all is working. Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a 2014 Limited and everything lights up except my rear door handles. Are they supposed to in the Limited or only in the Overland and Summit models? I checked with the engine running and lights in the ON postion.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think Jeep just needs to update those pictures on their website. My interior lights and cup holders are definitely blue and the color doesn't look anything like the images on their website.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.