Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I would like to replace the puncture repair kit in my new Jeep Compass with a full-size spare tire and have some questions that I was hoping someone could help me with.

1) Will the Jeep Compass Latitude Lux (2022) actually accommodate a full-size spare in place of the standard issue puncture repair kit?

2) Has anyone successfully added the spare and if so, do you happen to have a list of part numbers that I will need?

Upon contacting the dealership they seemed completely bewildered and did say they could only guess at what I might need and unfortunately would not allow returns.

Many thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You need to take some careful measurements of where the spare is going to live both diameter and depth wise.
Then go to an online tire store to get the dimensions of the spare tire you're gonna buy.
It should be the exact same size tire as the OEM tires.

Here's one tire site to get you started:

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
123 Posts
The full size spare on our 2019 has the same diameter of the other four but is quite a bit narrower to fit in the space under the floor in the back. I would suggest searching Jeep stock around your area on the internet and see if you can find one with the full size spare option and go to see what size and equipment it comes with.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
123 Posts
Looking at the Jeep site it looks like the Lux 4X4 does not offer that option however the Trailhawk models have it as a standard feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, so far I've managed to track down these part numbers for the wheel and the retainer:

4726602AA - Spare Wheel
6511784AA - Bolt and Retainer

I've emailed Mopar to confirm if they are correct (as long as I can get a wheel/tire secure, I'm happy to buy a small bottle jack in place of the scissor jack).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update, I managed to successfully find and install all the parts, the only thing that seemed a bit odd is that the spare wheel was 17" and not 18". I'm sure it will be fine as a spare though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts