Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk with only 18.000 miles. I have oil leaking at the rear differential. It is exactly in the central area, the one with the driveshaft. The problem is that I asked Jeep Romania, and other services from my country, and no one finds a seal as a replacement for this problem. There is no spare part for that. Just replace the whole differential :( Unfortunately in my country the cost of this differential is 4500$. These are the answers received so far at least ... the big request is if anyone encountered this problem, knows or has fix the differential, and knows what part / sealing exists inside and how I can get it ...

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this piece is a kind of dust cover. The leak comes from inside. From the differential. Probably an internal oil seal, which is not found in the sketch and on the market. Specifically, the question is whether someone opened this differential and fixed this problem himself...

Thank you!

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
843 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this piece is a kind of dust cover. The leak comes from inside. From the differential. Probably an internal oil seal, which is not found in the sketch and on the market. Specifically, the question is whether someone opened this differential and fixed this problem himself...

Thank you!

It is called a dust cover, but it is the input seal that you are looking for.

Automotive tire Camera accessory Rim Tire Camera lens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts