Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
This was announced the other day. What, according to Jeep, was delayed was the media event. Jeep said when they made the announcement, that the Cherokees are still expected in the showrooms in September.

This is, as stated in the article, a software problem.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
maybe they will change how ugly it is too.
For some reason, that jeep reminds me of the old Pontiac Aztec. Of course, not reminded of this in a good way.

·
The Negotiator
5,363 Posts
This needs to be moved to the Cherokee section, not the WK2 area.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree, that is one ugly jeep. A while back before they fully disclosed the new look of WK2 I saw a picture of the 2014 Cherokee and thought it was the new line of Grand Cherokees. I thought Jeep went off the deep end. Then the 2014 Grand Cherokees were announced and all hope was restored.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I still can't believe they went forward with this design after all the feedback from the leaked pictures. I admit it does stand out and looks different, but not in a good way. You would think they would want people pausing to look at this as it passes by due to how good it looks, not the other way around.

·
Registered
152 Posts
9 Speeds? Why not use a CVT instead?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why in the world would anyone want A CVT?
Fuel economy for a small crossover. Chrysler already has a CVT instead of making a new transmission. Obviously the 9 speed is going to go in other vehicles but if they are all going to be small 4 cylinders then whats the point?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Fuel economy for a small crossover. Chrysler already has a CVT instead of making a new transmission. Obviously the 9 speed is going to go in other vehicles but if they are all going to be small 4 cylinders then whats the point?

Chrysler quit using that CVT because it was crap. The 9 speed will be smoother and more efficient and have better performance.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It doesn't look bad. It looks pretty good with the trailhawk trim.
Gotta disagree with you here. Even with the "im offroading and going through water pics" it still looks absolutely awful.

Of course, that is just my opinion, but man, they really isht the bed with this one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
From Truck Trend (August 6, 2013):

"To make sure the new CUV is ready to go and in perfect condition by the time it goes on sale, the automaker is adding 1100 workers for a second shift on the Cherokee line at the Toledo plant. Scheduled to start August 19, the additional workers will help make last-minute upgrades to the new 2014 Cherokee before they're released to dealers. Production on the CUV was delayed one month because of issues with the factory and the vehicle itself, with the Cherokee's new ZF nine-speed automatic transmission needing additional calibration, and the factory's tooling not yet complete." :eek:

·
Registered
2011 Cherokee Latitu
262 Posts
Hey,
CVT is probably one of the worst mechanical ideas ever invented. Ask anyone who has owned a Compass:mad:
Well, I have to tell you, I own a Patriot that has a CVT and I have no issue with it. I am not saying I like it better than a traditional trans but it is not the nightmare some make it out to be. It has given me no issues and it shifts fine. It does what it is supposed to do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.