Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cheroker Overland ATG ORAII
1,439 Posts
Stbentoak,
Thanks for the post.....I can now rest a little easier!

And your post is precisely the same as my view.
SWMBO and I discussed selling/trading our JGC and it will definitely be traded in regardless, in either late 2021 (as our MaxCare expires Feb 2022) or as we approach 120k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys, to update you on my turbo coolant hose leak. My dealer kept my truck for a month before putting into a bay. After a week in the bay (all they did was remove the plastic engine cover and changed the license plate frame to advertise there dealership), the engine was removed on Sept. 6 and it took them over 2 weeks to replace the hose. Because it took so long I was able to Gigabytes of picture and video. I'll see what I can do to post some of them. Currently they pushed it outside waiting on an exhaust flanged they broke. After I get it back and if it's not against this forums policy, I'll let you guys know what dealership to stay away from. My brake calipers were hanging on the hoses for the entire time, even after I asked the mechanic to hang them up, which he agree to, but didn't do it. I can go on and on. I have all my pictures on a memory stick, can someone help me with how to post them?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lugnut, I am truly sorry for your terrible dealer experience. When you ride is down, it is painful enough, they just added insult to injury.
I just went trough the turbo coolant hose repair myself and my dealer removed intake to get it done. They also have to replace fuel lines and bunch of other parts. They did goofed up and had take it back few times, but it's all good now. They always had a rental for me, courtesy of Maxcare. I wasn't told the total cost, but they hinted it far exceeded Maxcare cost.
They did re-flashed my GDE, although I told them not to, but gave me 0 grief over the tune.

Over the time owning the JGC, have visited 3 local dealership and were very gentlemen like, professional and helpful. Sorry again you have deal with total opposite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been having issues posting pictures. If you guys wait to click on my picture next to my name, I'm hoping you can see the new turbo coolant hose and where it's located. The intake manifold is off and for some reason the mechanic took the turbo off to (not sure why except to raise the bill).