Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
I haven't notice the rocking feeling but when I was in mammoth this past weekend I noticed the jeep struggling once as well. I was making a right turn from a dead stop going up a hill. It was as if the jeep went to third gear way tooooo fast for the hill so I just put shifter into 1st or 2nd and that solved the problem. While I love this car and the gas savings when I'm under 2500 rpms, I am not a fan of the acceleration up to 2500-3000 rpms. Once past those rpms I can really feel the power of the penstar. I'm not a gear head so I don't know exactly the problem but it seems like with 1st and 2nd gear jeep went with fuel saving gears instead of acceleration gearing.

Btw, I don't want to give off the impression that I am complaining, I love this car and have just adapted to how it gets going. Adam, I hope nothing is wrong with your jeep. Oh and lastly, a long long time ago, I almost ran out of gas in my ford ranger and the last few minutes before I got to the gas station the truck kind of lurched around. I just remembered that, otherwise I would have written that at the start. So maybe you were low on fuel for the rocking effect?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.