Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'll do my best to explain the situation but I'll be honest I am not the greatest with automotive verbiage.

While it doesn't happen every time, I have experienced what seems like my WK2 struggling around the 1k RPM mark when I am going up a "hill". It feels like the Jeep is "rocking", kind of like what you would feel if you were in a rocking chair but constantly moving forward. I hope this makes sense.

When I brought the Jeep in for an oil change the technician mentioned it could just be the torque converter kicking in. To me it just doesn't feel normal and was wondering if anyone had experienced this as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad you like your jeep! I have the V8 so I don't have as many reservations about the acceleration from a stop. However, it is a very heavy truck so I would imagine with the V6 it would be frustrating, at least for me.

I wasn't low on gas so I don't think that was the problem. I am starting to think that maybe it was the torque converter kicking in. Who knows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a known issue I can send you the star case later on tonight. I believe it is a programming fix and it was originally slated for August but it looks like it was pushed back to September. The Durango I am driving does the exact same thing so I'm very aware of the problem.
I am glad I decided to post this to the forum. I figured it was a Jeep thing. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.