Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Would you come to the jeepgarage event ?

• yes

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, we have been kicking around the Idea of trying to put together a nationwide get together.
at this point it would be in Kentucky . We discussed the idea of having it at a track ( oval of drag) with the option to have access to a offroad park.

What we would like to know is

1. is there interest from the membership about having such a event
2. If you would rather have track , offroad or both

This is all preliminary at this point but we would like to have everyones input as to where it goes from here.

This poll will close in 14 days

Thanks

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
I will mention there is a major national meet in July in Ohio...LX and Beyond Nationals. WE could use that event for the track and Im sure theres plenty of offroading area in the columbus, oh area.

Or..we can do a lexington, KY area meet in the fall....use the clay city, KY drag strip and the red river gorge offraoding area(absolutely gorgeous area by the way...look it up.)

I mention these area as they are pretty centrally located

·
Chief Mediator
Jeep
12,062 Posts
I mention these area as they are pretty centrally located
Yeah to you! LOL! :D

Yes I would be interested in a gtg, no I can't do July. That being said, late summer early fall might work. It would need to be planned so those who need more than 20 minutes drive time could make it. Labor day?

Not sure of the practicality of doing it actually at a racetrack etc. Maybe a BBQ or something at a state park etc that has family activities? Fishing/hiking/boating etc, rent a pavilion or something like it, and have the racing/offroading as an extra later for those that want to participate. I think for a the First Annual Jeep Garage Get together,[I know it needs a better name], we shouldn't scare people off too much, just get to know folks. :)

Please everyone give some ideas, opinions, and suggestions if you're interested.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
Yes....please. ..all opinions please!

Thanks Rob! That was the reason I mentioned the lx and beyond nationals in july. That may be too early for some.

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
id rather early fall as well just for planning reasons.

hopefully some of you massholes will caravan down....

·
Premium Member
Limited 4X4
817 Posts
I'd be down for a gathering between late July and late August.

·
The Negotiator
2017 WK2 3.6L
5,256 Posts
I'd say yes to a gtg...Ohio would be good, sometime closer to fall.

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
If it helps, Scott said if the meet was in KY, he would use the money he saved on travel to buy us all beer.:D
oh man im definitely going then!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Would love to join but not sure I could realistically come. CO to KY is a haul.

Now if others from CO go I might be swayed. A Jeep caravan to KY would be pretty cool.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
It can be somewhere centrally located. Even missouri would be pretty central.

·
Premium Member
Limited 4X4
817 Posts
New Yorkers / northeasterners will need to meet in one location and drive in a rather large caravan of JEEPS.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
maybe we could get members to commit, construct a map and then find the most centrally located area for the map?

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
maybe we could get members to commit, construct a map and then find the most centrally located area for the map?
thats a good idea

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
will be tough getting it set up...we have trouble gettin NY peeps in NY meets lololol.

·
Premium Member
Limited 4X4
817 Posts
When are NY meets. I've never heard of one meet.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
u have to get out of the wk2 forum from time to time ;)

just search under NYC meets and some should pop up...it's usally in the city and a bit of travel for the upstate folks.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts