Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Would you come to the jeepgarage event ?

• yes

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
I kinda like the Kentucky thing. Its not too far and they have a road course and off road park with in 30 miles of one another .
Plus it is close to Scotts . ( for those camping ;) )

The west coast could do one say moab, or salt flats or maybe they could find a
course out there . ( not to far from everyone)
Or we can all meet up at Doug's for the weekend but I don't know of any courses or off road parks there .

My big question would be how to cover the cost of the track and such.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would be happy just going to someone's house for a BBQ and hanging out. I'm really not hard to please at all. :)

I do like something with mountains though. And I really really want to go to UTAH......really! :)[/QUOTE]

My house is always open for a bbq so Utah it is then?

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
If its Utah our members in the northeast will have a hard time getting there.

So why don't we do a east coast event and a west coast event?
Dustins and ???? Kentucky or Doug's ? Somewhere along that line

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I think if we're serious about doing meets across the country then we should do 3; East, Mid-west and West. East coast wherever they feel like it but it seems Kentucky is a favorite. Mid-west would be wherever they want. and West could be in Nevada/Utah.

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I think if we're serious about doing meets across the country then we should do 3; East, Mid-west and West. East coast wherever they feel like it but it seems Kentucky is a favorite. Mid-west would be wherever they want. and West could be in Nevada/Utah.
Sounds good here. So now we need people to take the ball and roll with it and find locations

·
Chief Mediator
Jeep
12,062 Posts
I pretty sure the New Englanders are gonna cry foul if we say Kentucky!

But I spent all my life in the northeast so I'm going to Kentucky or somewhere around there anyway! Even if it's just Scott, me, and spyder! LOL! :D

Unless of course I can convince hubs that this is the year for a nice long western road trip, like that's gonna happen! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts

But I spent all my life in the northeast so I'm going to Kentucky or somewhere around there anyway! Even if it's just Scott, me, and spyder! LOL! :D

Unless of course I can convince hubs that this is the year for a nice long western road trip, like that's gonna happen! :rolleyes:
Haha thats their problem! lol

Haha well Im not bias or anything but you can't beat California in the summer....

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
maybe they can do their own as well

New England
east coast- Kentucky
mid west
west .

·
Chief Mediator
Jeep
12,062 Posts
Apparently no one but me wants to travel for a GTG! LOL! Everyone wants it in their backyard. We're going to end up with 20 gtg's and 5 people at each. Which is still fine by me, so how about a when to do it?

·
natural born world shaker
2,692 Posts

I would go to Kentucky and I am New Englander.
It's only about a 14 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I would go to Kentucky and I am New Englander.
It's only about a 14 hour drive.
Thats just a long drive for a weekend event

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I would make it a longer trip and split it up.
that would be awesome , The more we can get at one event the cheaper it will be . I am sure their will be costs for the Track unless they have open days on the weekend .

the parking lot should be big enough for everyone ( I would think) unless a jeep dealer wanted to get involved and then we can hang out on their lot . It would make it a car show of sorts .

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Registered
112 Posts
Know any place where it could be set up at ? Maybe Track and Offroad park close to one another ?

I know there are some off road parks in WI, but I don't know about track parks nearby.

Indiana has the Badlands, but if most of the MW folks are from WI or MN then it doesn't make sense. We need to figure out who would come and from which states to make it work for everyone

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
I know there are some off road parks in WI, but I don't know about track parks nearby.

Indiana has the Badlands, but if most of the MW folks are from WI or MN then it doesn't make sense. We need to figure out who would come and from which states to make it work for everyone

True , we need to look at a map , We could use the member map , This way we can get a better Idea of locations
http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=147580

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
HMMM . If we did kentucky , then Kansas / Nebraska would be about the middle of the next area and Utah/Nevada would be about the middle of the western end ??

61 - 80 of 118 Posts