Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Would you come to the jeepgarage event ?

• yes

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
HMMM . If we did kentucky , then Kansas / Nebraska would be about the middle of the next area and Utah/Nevada would be about the middle of the western end ??

Theoretically, yes, but we have to know who is coming from where. I'm new to the whole forum thing and all of this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Can we do a thread for each region, within the JG GTG thread? This way everyone is kind of on the same page and we can all communicate what each region is doing in the main thread...

Again is thats dumb just quote me and reply with "Your an idiot" haha :lol:

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Theoretically, yes, but we have to know who is coming from where. I'm new to the whole forum thing and all of this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Can we do a thread for each region, within the JG GTG thread? This way everyone is kind of on the same page and we can all communicate what each region is doing in the main thread...

Again is thats dumb just quote me and reply with "Your an idiot" haha :lol:

No Thats a great Idea , because in reality , I can very easily see this getting broken down to 6 different events ( now looking at the map.)

Northeast= Pa thru main
southeast Pa thru Florida
Kansas down to Texas
Kanas up to Minnesota

Utah , Nv,Ca , Az
and the northwest.

This way it could be ,somewhat , drive able for everyone

I will try to come up with a message that we can put on all the regional forums when we get back home tonight

·
Registered
112 Posts
No Thats a great Idea , because in reality , I can very easily see this getting broken down to 6 different events ( now looking at the map.)

Northeast= Pa thru main
southeast Pa thru Florida
Kansas down to Texas
Kanas up to Minnesota

Utah , Nv,Ca , Az
and the northwest.

This way it could be ,somewhat , drive able for everyone

I will try to come up with a message that we can put on all the regional forums when we get back home tonight
Yea, that makes sense. Who's down to help get these regional threads started?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I know there arent many of us here in KS, but the heartland park raceway - topeka,ks has a drag strip & roadcourse right next to each other & they have a dirt track(oval i guess) and aparently a mud pit with way more parking then needed. Heartland Park of Topeka | Dirt Track, Road, and Drag Racing | Topeka, KS
Anyone know of someplace similar nearer more of us??

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Yea, I can see that. Has there ever been a big JG meet?
No , this is what we are going to try to do in the future but I think getting the regional events start would be good this year then maybe in a year or two do a big national event.

The big event will take a few people to pull off. So if these smaller event Will give us practice

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
so whats going on with this??? if we intend to do it we should probably start the threads for these meets so people have time to make the plans etc. etc.

i totally agree with meets that are more regional. we have over 30k members here and only 38 voted before the poll was closed. honestly surprised that more people are not interested in these meets.

·
Chief Mediator
Jeep
12,062 Posts
I reopened the poll to see if we can get any more voters. I really want something to happen with all this.

I think part of the voting problem is that we're the only ones that ever come into the garage area, LOL! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
so whats going on with this??? if we intend to do it we should probably start the threads for these meets so people have time to make the plans etc. etc.

i totally agree with meets that are more regional. we have over 30k members here and only 38 voted before the poll was closed. honestly surprised that more people are not interested in these meets.
I agree, my problem is , I can't call anyone . My voice isn't up to it . SRT or Scottina could you guys give the place a call.
Maybe Lucas or Akimball can call some places in new england .

Dustin can plan out west. We will need someone for south west and northwest.

Looks like hummer is on it for the mid west

·
Registered
112 Posts
What time of the year are we planning this for? Obviously, I'd like "her" to be all done for a meet...Plus time to plan and request time off is a plus

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Looks like mid August... I think

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
yuck....again :(
I know you would rather have a snowy gathering but atleast when you go topless It will not be cold :thumbsup::eek::D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm definitely out if its August. I'm new though so that probably doesn't matter, haha.

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
id do it but the only 1/4 mile i know of is in epping NH, and as far as off roading goes i never have done it so i have no clue where there is one around...

lucas said if we did a more local meet he would take control of it so ill let him take the reins.

i think we just need to decide what areas we are gonna do this and go from there. are we gonna do state by state? or are we going to clump some together like the "select your region" thread puts them together.

NORTHEAST- PA,NY,VT,NH,ME,RI,CT,NJ
SOUTHEAST- DE,MD,DC,VA,WV,NC,SC,GA,FL
NORTH CENTRAL- WI,IL,IN,MI,OH,MO,IA,MN,ND,SD,NE,KS
SOUTH CENTERAL- KY,TN,AL,MS,AR,LA,OK,TX
NORTHWEST- AK,WA,OR,ID,MT,WY
SOUTHWEST- CA,NV,UT,CO,AZ,NM

ive also noticed a ton of australians here and canadians so even they could plan some get togethers there. maybe even a hawaii one lol. we just need to decide on the locations and what not first.

i dont care if its at a drag strip or not... im down with like a park setting too with a big parking lot where we can have like a wrench day and a BBQ.

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
I'm definitely out if its August. I'm new though so that probably doesn't matter, haha.
of course it matters every person counts! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
987 Posts
I left a message at the iron range off road park up in two harbors mn, I'd be game for something late fall when the bugs are gone, like September or October? But whatever the majority want ill go with the flow.

·
Chief Mediator
Jeep
12,062 Posts
I know you would rather have a snowy gathering but atleast when you go topless It will not be cold :thumbsup::eek::D
I wish I could do a snowy vacation but hubs can't take off in the winter :( I have to live vicariously through all of you snow peeps.

Everyone matters. And I'm a no go for August too but majority rules. If most can only do a summer gtg than that's how it will happen. I'll still be going north a few times this year so I would still try to meet up with a few JG'rs then. :thumbsup:

81 - 100 of 118 Posts