Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a replacement tube for the air intake/air filter, Don't care for the silencer and don't need to go for a K&N open element type kit , I installed the K&N in place if the stock paper filter and have seen a slight increase in MPG and wanted to see if there is a smooth replacement tube almost like if a CAI tube was damaged and need a replacement?!?!?! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
260 Posts
Not OEM to my knowledge. There's companies that sell tubing but then you'll have to modify them to support the IAT and PCV. To be honest I've tried a couple different CAI brands and went back to the stock. You'll never see a difference and since you don't want the open intake noise whatever. Most of it's a placebo effect anyway, I could get an extra 1-2mpg by just changing my driving habits so personally I would take the K&N filter you bought back, keep the factory air intake, and save some money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not OEM to my knowledge. There's companies that sell tubing but then you'll have to modify them to support the IAT and PCV. To be honest I've tried a couple different CAI brands and went back to the stock. You'll never see a difference and since you don't want the open intake noise whatever. Most of it's a placebo effect anyway, I could get an extra 1-2mpg by just changing my driving habits so personally I would take the K&N filter you bought back, keep the factory air intake, and save some money.
I just have a drop in filter for the stock box nothing crazy, did notice as I keep track of mpg lately that it seems to be a tad bit better than the paper stock filter 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seems at tad bit smoother also at highway speeds ... one mod at a time , next I have some Ripp coils to try out and see if they make any difference as I like to test things 😬

·
Registered
"Blackhawk"
254 Posts
This is the only reason I haven't bought an SRT hood, the known clearance issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts