Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2018 Trailhawk
As others have stated, make sure the batteries are fully charged. An acceptable battery tender or AGM compatible smart charger (I have both now), is sometimes all it takes to set things right. Even after I replaced both batteries, I had to charge them overnight to bring them up to snuff and then about a day later the system started working normally again.

Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
Being a pilot, pressing the ESS button is no biggie, just a part of my "preflight" check馃榿

Registered
2018 Trailhawk
Being a pilot, pressing the ESS button is no biggie, just a part of my "preflight" check馃榿
Each time I start the Hawk, I remember I need to press three buttons (summer mode): seat blower=high, ESS=off, and suspension=up. Still, I occasionally forget one button, because I do not use a checklist (especially since I only started disabling ESS recently). The consequence is an occasional engine stop at a traffic light, which is such a minor consequence and good reminder to press the button. I also find it reassuring, that the system is still functioning - i.e. both batteries are in good shape!

I suspect the stakes of forgetting something on a preflight check would potentially be more consequential :unsure:

Registered
You don't need to raise the suspension, it does it on it's own. Unless your driveway is really rough and it would bottom out.

Registered
2018 Trailhawk
You don't need to raise the suspension, it does it on it's own. Unless your driveway is really rough and it would bottom out.
Very true. I just like to raise it up before the big bump at the end of my drive, or speed bumps in the shopping center on my way home... There are also times when, such as going from gas station to grocery store in same lot, when I leave it lowered...

Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi -- 17 3500 Laramie CCLB 6.7 -- 20 KW 370
Very true. I just like to raise it up before the big bump at the end of my drive, or speed bumps in the shopping center on my way home... There are also times when, such as going from gas station to grocery store in same lot, when I leave it lowered...
Is it smoother up ?

Registered
2018 Trailhawk
Is it smoother up ?
7492, I think so. I don't like going over speed bumps or other obstacles while in Entry/Exit level. It's fine if you go slow and likely not damaging anything; but normal height is much less bumpy. Sometimes I experiment with OR1 over bumps and can't decide if it's better. OR2 isn't an improvement because it seems to hit bump stops sooner...

Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi -- 17 3500 Laramie CCLB 6.7 -- 20 KW 370
7492, I think so. I don't like going over speed bumps or other obstacles while in Entry/Exit level. It's fine if you go slow and likely not damaging anything; but normal height is much less bumpy. Sometimes I experiment with OR1 over bumps and can't decide if it's better. OR2 isn't an improvement because it seems to hit bump stops sooner...
I don't drive mine in the entry/exit mode, that's not what it's for, I use the normal level. I do raise it when entering my yard from the road, a quick 8 inch curb.

Registered
2018 Trailhawk
I don't drive mine in the entry/exit mode, that's not what it's for, I use the normal level. I do raise it when entering my yard from the road, a quick 8 inch curb.
Yup, I don't intentionally drive my in entry/exit mode either. As others have pointed out: it will automatically raise after you reach something like 12mph, but I still push the button as part of my departure routine so it at normal height when I set off on my journey.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2019 the auto/start not working. Dash says auto/start battery charging. We have replace auxiliary battery and still no luck. What could this be anybody have any ideas?
After a week of replacing battery. Today it started working. So basically I learned that after time the battery will need to charge and it takes time. So I guess future learning. The other battery was probably fine just needed to charge.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts