Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
Does anyone have details about actual incidences or accidents of this fault. About a year ago, I parked under my carport at home without turning the engine off yet. I looked up and was rolling forward into a wall. I nudged it a couple of inches before quickly hitting the brakes & reversing out of it. I was returning home after a long graveyard shift at work & was pretty cashed, so I just thought that I spaced putting it in park & let off the brake & coasted. not too much damage to the wall or the vehicle. I had some good spiderwebs in the center of the bumper that I just masked off & covered with matte black Plasti-dip. Could this have been a result or a similar incident causing the recall?

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
Needed my 4-Low back after the recall, performed in the fall. To my surprise, the dealer was super-cooperative & re-flashed to the letter. No charge, no hassle, no dirty-looks, no sweat. The invoice lists a specific STAR case# to "correct condition." Ready to wheel again.

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
Reflashed mine on 3-15 & got 4-low back. Went to do some wheeling yesterday, 5-9, & no low range. Kinda pissed about it. Wish I would have never done the bullshit N23 Recall. Anybody have a part number for the FDCM, shift actuator, or WTH you wanna call it?

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
Did the fuse pull trick to verify that it was the FDCM. Pulled the back seat up to get the version number (...199AJ). A guy on the "other" forum hooked me up with the same pre-flash model. 4 low is back in action. Still hanging on to my flashed FDCM in case there is ever newer software that actually works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.