Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Banned
229 Posts
I haven't been following this as close as I was before on this site or the other site. Can anybody provide a quick summary on the current consensus about this recall? I've been getting like one N23 notice every two weeks. Just keep trashing them.
Keep trashing them and buy one of these. **** that recall.
https://www.autocyb.com/

Sorry for the profanity, but without reaching through the monitor and shaking you and screaming DO NOT DO IT! That's about the best way I can express how much I hate that the previous owner had it done and how fun it is to have a QDII and 5.7L with skidplates and all that crap that won't go into 4LO

·
Banned
229 Posts
Here ya go. Even my dealer acknowledges that Chrysler wiped out my 4LO, but **** me, right?

Oh, well.

I love my Jeep except that it's always broken, and now Chrysler stuck their dick in it, too. Ridiculous. Buy something other than Chrysler is my best advice. They just really suck as a company, even if some of their products would be nice otherwise. Once I finally line this thing out, I really really hope I can have some trouble-free ownership for a month or two at least.

(Yes, it obviously won't work again after a few months. I have been using the "fuse pull" trick to get it done.)

Video of fuse-pull, not mine, but procedure worked like a charm to temporarily restore 4WD LO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-1MWzfbbE

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
201 Posts
I tried the fuse thing but the motor of the transfer case does not react ,event it seems that the jeep tries to get in 4 lo mode . can it be because it's an export model?

·
Registered
705 Posts
UPDATE - been almost 3 months since my last update and all is well - no messages and still have 4wd-LO.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
201 Posts
hi do anybody know how this affects the driving ??
I mean if the actuator don't work , does it affect the ELSD and thransfer case clutch system.
I ask because the system seems do work differently now in 4H on snow ,it's like i's only using the brakes as on a quadratrac car

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
201 Posts
I had the update of the FDCM done with the July update it hasn't solved the problem , I succeeded to find a non flashed FDCM but still not working
To avoid any over cost for me do you know if the error is saved in the ECU and if it need to be cleared in order to get it working ?
What can I use for OBD reader to clear the transmission codes on a export 3.0 CRD model
Then if i change the motor myself do I need to clear the errors or does it remove them automatically ? An which FDCM shall I keep plugged in the jeep then ?
Should I open a claim at Jeep customer service as it's this bad update that ruined my actuator?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I know it's a lot of question but im my area the dealership lack of competence already to solve sipmle things so I don't trust any of them:(

Thanks for your inmputs and advice

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
201 Posts
I 'm probably one of the last who stillhave the transfer case actuator problem.
I've just changed it but I have still the message on the dash It pops up directly now without tuching the T handle .
Iin the box was special jeep instruction lnked to the N23 recal and so on and it menton that the code need to be cleared .
how is this possible ?? do we need each time to go to stealership when a elecrical part don't work

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
201 Posts
I 'm probably one of the last who stillhave the transfer case actuator problem.
I've just changed it but I have still the message on the dash It pops up directly now without tuching the T handle .
Iin the box was special jeep instruction lnked to the N23 recal and so on and it menton that the code need to be cleared .
how is this possible ?? do we need each time to go to stealership when a elecrical part don't work
I get the error code C140A as I read in the workshop repair book I found that it's linked to the circuit for the motor (not the sensor or the brake system) I followed the instruction but I don't get any result they speak about the C1 connector on the FDCM . But nothing mentioned on the 2 lol
Could it be a fuse or something wrong with a harness?

141 - 149 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.