Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1,821 - 1,840 of 1,904 Posts
Hmmm, I smell a rat.
Well, after a 2 weeks of phone calls and emails to the dealer and FCA head office, I have some progress.

To be brief, FCA customer service today finally confirmed the correct and current software for my MY15 is 17.43.1 - surprise surprise!

Right up to yesterday the dealer service manager was still sending me emails telling me that the latest software had been updated in my GC during the service, but refused to tell me the version.

Anyway, I sent a photo of the info screen showing the version as 15.06.1 to FCA and finally the penny dropped for the customer service person that Parramatta has no idea what they were doing. FCA person rang dealer - would have been an interesting phone call. FCA person told me that the service manager was speechless (and clueless) and could not explain why he had got it all so wrong.

As reluctant as I am to go back to Parramatta, Ill be arranging to take my GC in and they can fix their stuff up.

Reactions: BobT
As reluctant as I am to go back to Parramatta, Ill be arranging to take my GC in and they can fix their stuff up.
Yes, it sure hurts when you have to go back to a dick head to fix things.

Well, after a 2 weeks of phone calls and emails to the dealer and FCA head office, I have some progress.

To be brief, FCA customer service today finally confirmed the correct and current software for my MY15 is 17.43.1 - surprise surprise!

Right up to yesterday the dealer service manager was still sending me emails telling me that the latest software had been updated in my GC during the service, but refused to tell me the version.

Anyway, I sent a photo of the info screen showing the version as 15.06.1 to FCA and finally the penny dropped for the customer service person that Parramatta has no idea what they were doing. FCA person rang dealer - would have been an interesting phone call. FCA person told me that the service manager was speechless (and clueless) and could not explain why he had got it all so wrong.

Perhaps this will be a teaching moment for him.

To be brief, FCA customer service today finally confirmed the correct and current software for my MY15 is 17.43.1
That is what mine was updated to, as well. I had to get Uconnect updated first before they could update the map.

Attachments

Mate your call, but I strongly strongly recommend you don't take your car back there, hey i recommend even driving the long way around Parramatta just in-case.

They are full of shit and know how to play FCA.

Mate your call, but I strongly strongly recommend you don't take your car back there,
I've given up on Parramatta. I asked them to book me in to have the software update after confirmation of the correct version via FCA - nothing, nil, never heard back from them, after chasing them for the past 3 days. Bloody useless.

I'm booked in at another dealer for later this week. Will see how that goes....

Hot my 80,000km service done yesterday at Penrith. Car actually had 85,120 on it.

I supplied most fluids and all filters, made a huge difference to cost. I’ve used the old 2016 break down of cost as a guide. The current FCA price for it is $1550, Penrith quoted $1,340 as I booked it in, but had said $1,550 when I booked it on phone initially, odd.

I stupidly stuffed up the Transfer Case Fluid, I originally had it correct but on Monday swapped it for transmission oil that doesn’t suit. So that cost me $23 more than it should.

I didn’t supply brake fluid as I had no idea how much was needed.

Penrith were great to deal with, easy at all steps, never tried to push any unrequired BS. Very happy to deal with them again.

I've given up on Parramatta. I asked them to book me in to have the software update after confirmation of the correct version via FCA - nothing, nil, never heard back from them, after chasing them for the past 3 days. Bloody useless.

I'm booked in at another dealer for later this week. Will see how that goes....
Castle Hill have made a genuine effort at reform in the past couple of years.

They _may_ be worth a shot. I'll confirm when I get around to double checking if they actually replaced my rusty takata airbag in the Wrangler.

I purchased my MY14 from Castle Hill. Screwed them down on the deal even had them throw in a extended warranty. Picked it up a week later (1000klm round trip). They had not fitted the towbar and I found some marks on rear bar. After dealing with their service department I concluded on the way home I would never be seeing the inside of that service department again so exteneded warranty was useless !!!!

I purchased my MY14 from Castle Hill. Screwed them down on the deal even had them throw in a extended warranty. Picked it up a week later (1000klm round trip). They had not fitted the towbar and I found some marks on rear bar. After dealing with their service department I concluded on the way home I would never be seeing the inside of that service department again so exteneded warranty was useless !!!!
Don't be too hasty. Compared to the others, you may have done pretty well :)
Personally, I avoid asking the dealer for extras. If it's not factory fitted, get it after market and have someone else to fit it. It will be done right and much cheaper. However, be careful, some options offered on the brochure are not factory fitted but dealer fitted and these are bound to be bitched.

That's the equivalent of luxury gold plated service compared to what I and many others have received from Parramatta.

Basically a month after the service, I have finally received apparent confirmation regarding the oil used from Parramatta Jeep.

It took multiple phone calls and emails to the dealer and FCA in Melbourne, but only by getting Dept Fair Trading involved did the dealer finally relent and send me a photo of the oil drum label. So as a recap, the invoice said Havoline, when I asked them the exact type, they changed their mind and told me Shell Helix, and now the DFT has sent me a photo and it is back to Havoline. So who knows?

Dept Fair Trading action is the only language Jeep understand - nothing has changed since the dark days of 2012 - Jeep and FCA customer service is as bad as ever.

A simple question about the oil used results in a whole lot of drama.

The question remains - is Havoline ProDS suitable?

I'll never go back to Parramatta.

(Maybe a Porsche Macan next...how would that go on the beach?????.....)

Attachments

Reactions: Kenny72 and 67HR
(Maybe a Porsche Macan next...how would that go on the beach?????.....)
No no no! Those things are only for your your wife to take the kids to school, private school that is. We see them all the time up our way at school drop-off and pickup time. Anyway, what do reckon a set of slush mats cost for the Porsche? Probably as much as a set of tyres for the Jeep :)

No no no! Those things are only for your your wife to take the kids to school,
Too late for my kids, my youngest got her P's just last week.

Just had 2015 wk2 3.0L diesel Grand Cherokee serviced at Gulson Canberra thinking I was going to have 40k service. Wrong... I was given 30k service for $621! Ok 40k is apparently $1300+ (Gulson pricing) but really $621 to change oil is extortion. That's all they did. On another point ... they said 30k service but the warranty book has 10k, 20k then 40k (or 24months and whatever comes first); hence thinking I was getting the 40k/24 months. I was told Jeep website specifies 30k but I have my warranty/service book having no 30k and all online resources (warranty/service books) match my hard copy. I feel badly ripped off here paying $621 for no reason and paying such a high price for 30 minutes work. Has anyone else had the same experience? Does anyone have 30k service interval in their service book (3.0L diesel) and is $621 normal to be charged to just change oil?

Does anyone have 30k service interval in their service book (3.0L diesel) and is $621 normal to be charged to just change oil?
From memory the service book has 20km intervals across the top of the schedule, but elsewhere specifies interim service intervals at 10km. This confused Lubemobile who did my car last time too. I'll check the book later....

But 10km is the correct service interval for an MY15. Later year models (MY17 I think) moved to 20km intervals.

As far as cost is concerned, Gulson should be charging NO MORE than the Jeep published service price. If they are charging more - report them to FCA. As noted on FCA website currently 30km is $565; 40km $1195. And yep - the 10km interval service is basically an oil change.

EDIT - Found the Schedule. First column notes Intermediate as 10km.

Attachments

Thanks for your reply Lewy2001 and GMWK2. I misread the first column and yes there are interim 10k service schedules outlined in my book. Which means the service was not without requirement. I do question the $621 charge though it's way beyond reasonable even if it was the capped price FCA outlines as $565. It's just an oil change and visual inspection of standard service items that any workshop would/should perform and do for less than $300. Fair dinkum ripoff ... can't wait for the 40k to change a few filters in an hours worth of work for $1195 (+$1300 Gulson price - not going back there).

1,821 - 1,840 of 1,904 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.