Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05WK & 10XK
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.
The latest Jeep for me is the Hemi 2005 WK... my priors Date back to the following:
1974 CJ5 258/6
1977 Cherokee Wagoneer 258/6
1985 J10 258/6
1995 Grand Cherokee V8 318

All never failed to deliver me to and from the woods or desert with ease; The WK is the latest challenge.. computer sensors and OBD... marvelous as they are, require considerable attention to detail in the corrosion prevention department...

In my experience with Jeeps, I would like to say that the majority of the issues I have had with electrical problems reverts to corrosion, a ground loop, or a ground fault caused by corrosion at a terminal or bonding point.
I had a starter issue on the WK read scads of threads here about it and I was able to correct the issue by spraying the starter electrical connections with penetrating lubricant which dissolved the corrosion on the contact posts.
I hope that at some point I can provide a few quick fixes to all here on the forum if I see them while doing research here. Thanks Greywulf4570

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

·
Registered
05WK & 10XK
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now... if anyone has any miracles they would like to share regarding solving the mysteries of the apparently sorry wheel speed sensors and steering angle sensors... causing the myriad of warnings and lights amongst the bucking and broncing it causes the poor vehicle to do intermittently during (dare I say NORMAL?:eek:) operation... that would be marvelous. I presume Jeep engineers take great pride in their infinite wisdom having designed this exemplary failsafe operation into lackluster CCMs.

Never have I had any Jeep vehicle prior to this one act up or behave so horribly in public. But!! what is done is done ... back to the wheel sensor fault code... the service elec brake.. the ABS light, The traction Control lamp, the service the 4WD... all at once... and vanished!!! just as quickly... I think it is a conspiracy at this point...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts