Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know FCA and UAW are in discussions about when to resume production. May 4th was floated. Just wondering if anyone has heard credible info beyond press releases? We have a WK2 order in D1 status.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,805 Posts
5/4 is what I heard

·
Registered
299 Posts
I read on Facebook that GM was originally scheduled to begin startup on May 4 but have since moved it to May 11. FCA may be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I read that too, a 2 week longer extension past May 4th. My question is how long will they work? What is going to be the ongoing demand in this post economic meltdown world? Will this affect MY changeovers or dates?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the 18th may be for real. We received a letter from Jeep yesterday basically saying "Thanks for your order... it has been delayed due to circumstances... we are doing the best we can". I sincerely hope the ramp up goes smoothly, and the safety protocols are effective.

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,798 Posts
Production resumes on May 18th, but trust me, with the adjusted (slower) line speed, social distancing, and retiming of jobs, people that aren't going to show up because of fear, some are still in the hospital/quarantine, that line is going to CRAWL for the first month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Production resumes on May 18th, but trust me, with the adjusted (slower) line speed, social distancing, and retiming of jobs, people that aren't going to show up because of fear, some are still in the hospital/quarantine, that line is going to CRAWL for the first month.
I totally get that, and agree 100%. I just know our GC is job #1;)

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,286 Posts
Just wait till they realize they need even more automation to prevent this issue in the future and run min staff and it's even more robots putting them together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it appears that activity has begun, today at JNAP. Let's hope for a safe, and smooth, even if slow, return to production.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a text from my salesman today that it was Status F(Paint) when he looked, so she should be rolling on the rail fairly soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts