Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to set up a roof rack but I have no idea what I’m working with. These OEM installed rails look way different than what I’ve seen in other Grand Cherokees. These obviously aren’t track or low profile moldings. Any other WL owners have suggestions? I’ve tried mopar and 3 dealers in my area, none of them had anything helpful to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe try contacting yakima or thule, may have special landing pads with there new series they just released...let us k ow how make out

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
Reactions: nth256

·
Registered
718 Posts
Did you doubt Jim, our phrend from philly?

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
Did you doubt Jim, our phrend from philly?
This early in the game, I've been moving a ton of threads from the WL area that are for earlier versions. So it was probably some combination of doubt and hope. :) :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
This early in the game, I've been moving a ton of threads from the WL area that are for earlier versions. So it was probably some combination of doubt and hope. :) :D
So many of the subjects in the WL section lie somewhere between doubt and hope that I certainly see your point.

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m trying to set up a roof rack but I have no idea what I’m working with. These OEM installed rails look way different than what I’ve seen in other Grand Cherokees. These obviously aren’t track or low profile moldings. Any other WL owners have suggestions? I’ve tried mopar and 3 dealers in my area, none of them had anything helpful to share.
Have you had any success finding something compatible? I’m going through the same thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same! I saw on the other thread that the Thule Evo raised rails foot pads may work. I have an entire setup including roof basket/etc but am waiting for some more info before buyin the pads. Those 4 brackets w/holes and the plastic grommets concealing threaded holes in the rails themselves have all thrown me off so im thinking something innovative is coming from Jeep

1 - 9 of 9 Posts