Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some feedback from members here that know what's going on at JNAP. I've been scouring the country's Jeep dealers for a velvet red pearlcoat MY '21 WK2 Overland with ORAII. I know that's pretty specific, but that's what I want. I'm working with my trusted dealer of over thirty years, and we haven't yet been successful. My question is if JNAP production is still building Overlands, and how much longer the line will be running? I seem to remember reading some models of WK2's are no longer being produced, so I won't be able to order a build through my dealer. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm looking for some feedback from members here that know what's going on at JNAP. I've been scouring the country's Jeep dealers for a velvet red pearlcoat MY '21 WK2 Overland with ORAII. I know that's pretty specific, but that's what I want. I'm working with my trusted dealer of over thirty years, and we haven't yet been successful. My question is if JNAP production is still building Overlands, and how much longer the line will be running? I seem to remember reading some models of WK2's are no longer being produced, so I won't be able to order a build through my dealer. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated.
I was in exactly the same boat, looking for the same thing. I took it further as I also wanted Pro Tech 2 and the Dark Sienna interior. Ended up ordering one which just arrived yesterday (haven't even had a chance to take pics yet).

That said... because I spent a couple of very long and boring conference calls putting in about 100 different zip codes trying to cover the entire nation in 250 mile chunks, I can help you a bit from memory and notes I took. :)

Frank Fletcher CDJ in Sherwood, AR, zip 72120 has an Overland with ORA II. Velvet Red, Dark Sienna Interior (no pro tech).

There was also a red with the Frost interior (both pro tech and ora II) in Seminole County, FL, but that one looks to have sold. The one above still showed up on the dealer search just now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On the other part. I'm totally new to the Jeep world, so definitely not totally in the know, but from my ordering experience. When I ordered (which was back late March), the inventory guy basically put it through and we watched to make sure the initial was accepted. He mentioned that the microchip shortage was starting to impact, so it could delay my order, and if it delayed too long, they'd punt it and make me order a '22. Shortly after my order status went to scheduled for production, there was a news story that Jefferson North was going to be starting layoffs due to the microchip shortage, so it looks like I squeezed in just in time.

If remember the article, the layoffs were supposed to go through at least May.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the other part. I'm totally new to the Jeep world, so definitely not totally in the know, but from my ordering experience. When I ordered (which was back late March), the inventory guy basically put it through and we watched to make sure the initial was accepted. He mentioned that the microchip shortage was starting to impact, so it could delay my order, and if it delayed too long, they'd punt it and make me order a '22. Shortly after my order status went to scheduled for production, there was a news story that Jefferson North was going to be starting layoffs due to the microchip shortage, so it looks like I squeezed in just in time.

If remember the article, the layoffs were supposed to go through at least May.
Glad you're able to get the Jeep you want. I definitely don't want a MY '22, as that will be a completely different vehicle. We have found only one that meets my criteria, but the dealer that has it on their lot isn't getting back to us yet. My dealer says he can order one, but from what you've said, and other things I've read, it might not be possible to get it built now. That's why I'm posting here. There are members of the forum that work at JNAP, and I'm hoping to hear from them. Thanks for your input. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,804 Posts
Like every other vehicle manufacturer, Jeep has constrained production right now because of the chip shortage, etc. That said, if your dealer places a customer order, they should be able to tell if it's accepted and a VON created. (vehicle order number)

Reactions: jacko15

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like every other vehicle manufacturer, Jeep has constrained production right now because of the chip shortage, etc. That said, if your dealer places a customer order, they should be able to tell if it's accepted and a VON created. (vehicle order number)
That's my hope. My present Jeep was a factory order and that went very well. I just don't know if they can build what I want with the constraints on production.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like JNAP isn't building any more '21's. They would not even accept an order for one today from my dealer. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a month ago and spoke to my dealer yesterday, they told me they've had orders cancelled and cannot place any more, sounds like the WK2 might be finished.

Thankfully my car has been built!

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WK2 ⚰ 😢

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still nothing from the dealer that had what you were after?
Still trying to get them to get back to me, but I think it's a lost cause. They probably have interested buyers in their vicinity. Glad my '14 is in great shape. Probably able to get several years, if not more, of reliable transportation out of it. Would have loved to get one of the last produced, as my '14 was built in April of '13, one of the earliest off the line. As they say, "c'est la vie".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still trying to get them to get back to me, but I think it's a lost cause. They probably have interested buyers in their vicinity. Glad my '14 is in great shape. Probably able to get several years, if not more, of reliable transportation out of it. Would have loved to get one of the last produced, as my '14 was built in April of '13, one of the earliest off the line. As they say, "c'est la vie".
Have you picked up the phone and called?

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you picked up the phone and called?
Talked to salesperson and sales manager. They refuse to work through my local dealership, who I've been dealing with successfully for 40 years. My dealership sales manager has called them more than a half dozen times, and they won't return his calls. Pretty poor business practices. I really don't want to deal with them directly. I've done dealer swaps through my local dealer before with no issues whatsoever. I won't deal with a business that doesn't play nice with others. It's only a car. I'll find something else eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like they want the sale and not to be stuck with something else on a dealer trade tbh.
Could be, but I don't think any dealers are "stuck" with inventory at this point.

·
Super Moderator
9,804 Posts
The current market isn't conducive to dealer trades...so I'm kinda not surprised that the remote dealer prefers to sell it direct to you. If you want the vehicle work a deal with them. Your local folks will still get your service business.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The current market isn't conducive to dealer trades...so I'm kinda not surprised that the remote dealer prefers to sell it direct to you. If you want the vehicle work a deal with them. Your local folks will still get your service business.
This ship has sailed.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
642 Posts
I ordered a month ago and spoke to my dealer yesterday, they told me they've had orders cancelled and cannot place any more, sounds like the WK2 might be finished.

Thankfully my car has been built!
That’s concerning. My 21 SRT that I ordered end of April has a VIN but hasn’t been built. I sure as hell hope mine doesn’t get cancelled. When I checked with Jeep chat on Monday they said all the parts were there - just waiting to start the build.

My dealer yesterday said my vehicle shows an estimated ship date of end of May, so guessing I’m still okay...no clue

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
642 Posts
That’s concerning. My 21 SRT that I ordered end of April has a VIN but hasn’t been built. I sure as hell hope mine doesn’t get cancelled. When I checked with Jeep chat on Monday they said all the parts were there - just waiting to start the build.

My dealer yesterday said my vehicle shows an estimated ship date of end of May, so guessing I’m still okay...no clue
Just talked to Jeep chat - she assures that my vehicle will be built. Factory has slowed down, but my order will not be canceled

·
Registered
7 Posts
The JNAP Production schedule has been drastically adjusted and cut back due to the WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of Computer chips required by vehicles. The Shifts number two and three were discontinued starting April 26. 2021 for three weeks at JNAP. The day shift will not work starting May 17, 2021 The shift number two will resume work starting May 17.2021. It requires a daily follow up to see how schedules will be changed or stay on course from the April Production Decisions. So you have to "STAY TUNED " to see how they will adjust "FUTURE" production schedules and if they will shorten or extend the Model Year Production dates.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts