Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The JNAP Production schedule has been drastically adjusted and cut back due to the WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of Computer chips required by vehicles. The Shifts number two and three were discontinued starting April 26. 2021 for three weeks at JNAP. The day shift will not work starting May 17, 2021 The shift number two will resume work starting May 17.2021. It requires a daily follow up to see how schedules will be changed or stay on course from the April Production Decisions. So you have to "STAY TUNED " to see how they will adjust "FUTURE" production schedules and if they will shorten or extend the Model Year Production dates.
As I've said, JNAP is no longer accepting orders for '21 JGC.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
The JNAP Production schedule has been drastically adjusted and cut back due to the WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of Computer chips required by vehicles. The Shifts number two and three were discontinued starting April 26. 2021 for three weeks at JNAP. The day shift will not work starting May 17, 2021 The shift number two will resume work starting May 17.2021. It requires a daily follow up to see how schedules will be changed or stay on course from the April Production Decisions. So you have to "STAY TUNED " to see how they will adjust "FUTURE" production schedules and if they will shorten or extend the Model Year Production dates.
Thanks for this info. Makes sense now why my 21 order has been in the same status for a couple of weeks now of components compiled but build is pending.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Thanks for this info. Makes sense now why my 21 order has been in the same status for a couple of weeks now of components compiled but build is pending.
Hoping my SRT is built this week with the shifts coming back online today

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
I was in exactly the same boat, looking for the same thing. I took it further as I also wanted Pro Tech 2 and the Dark Sienna interior. Ended up ordering one which just arrived yesterday (haven't even had a chance to take pics yet).

That said... because I spent a couple of very long and boring conference calls putting in about 100 different zip codes trying to cover the entire nation in 250 mile chunks, I can help you a bit from memory and notes I took. :)

Frank Fletcher CDJ in Sherwood, AR, zip 72120 has an Overland with ORA II. Velvet Red, Dark Sienna Interior (no pro tech).

There was also a red with the Frost interior (both pro tech and ora II) in Seminole County, FL, but that one looks to have sold. The one above still showed up on the dealer search just now.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
Same situation down under...had a VR on order since early March only to be told by my dealer a couple of weeks ago the order was cancelled due to production reduction of the TH. Seems only four colours will be available till end of current WK and furthermore future builds will be down spec’d. due to worldwide shortage of semiconductors/ chips.😞

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Same situation down under...had a VR on order since early March only to be told by my dealer a couple of weeks ago the order was cancelled due to production reduction of the TH. Seems only four colours will be available till end of current WK and furthermore future builds will be down spec’d. due to worldwide shortage of semiconductors/ chips.
Yikes! I’m honestly not feeling very confident in mine actually being built right now...

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
I believe current vehicle orders in the system is what JNAP are committed to be honouring....if you can get a VON from your dealer you should receive your vehicle as ordered 🤞

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Still nothing - dealer is saying they should be shipping it out by 5/28, but it hasn’t even been built yet. We shall see - I’m still not convinced

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still nothing - dealer is saying they should be shipping it out by 5/28, but it hasn’t even been built yet. We shall see - I’m still not convinced
What does the current build status show in the build sheet lookup? For what it's worth, mine stayed at D1 once it went to that status, even after it was confirmed arrived at the dealership. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
What does the current build status show in the build sheet lookup? For what it's worth, mine stayed at D1 once it went to that status, even after it was confirmed arrived at the dealership. Fingers crossed for you.
D1 - Jeep chat said it has been in this status for 25 days

Thanks Moebius!

·
Registered
62 Posts
D1 - Jeep chat said it has been in this status for 25 days

Thanks Moebius!
I don't remember how long mine was in D1 because I can't remember if the first time I discovered that build sheet link was before or after it went there. But I was watching the build sheet for about 2 weeks before mine arrived, and it was D1 the whole time. For what it's worth, I put my order in on March 26, and it arrived at the dealership (I live in West TN, so not too far from the plant for shipping purposes) on May 6.

I also read on either here or some other Jeep forum that the window sticker lookup only happens once it's built and waiting final tests or shipping. No idea if that's completely accurate, but I do remember that I had tried the sticker lookup with no results multiple times, then the day the dealer called to tell me the Jeep should be in within the next 2-4 weeks, I tried and sure enough I had a sticker.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
I don't remember how long mine was in D1 because I can't remember if the first time I discovered that build sheet link was before or after it went there. But I was watching the build sheet for about 2 weeks before mine arrived, and it was D1 the whole time. For what it's worth, I put my order in on March 26, and it arrived at the dealership (I live in West TN, so not too far from the plant for shipping purposes) on May 6.

I also read on either here or some other Jeep forum that the window sticker lookup only happens once it's built and waiting final tests or shipping. No idea if that's completely accurate, but I do remember that I had tried the sticker lookup with no results multiple times, then the day the dealer called to tell me the Jeep should be in within the next 2-4 weeks, I tried and sure enough I had a sticker.
Great info! I’m cautiously optimistic - lol

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
Thanks, have tried this link and get the Vehicle Equipment Listing which I have, wanted to get an actual build list showing what stage the vehicle manufacturing is at .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks, have tried this link and get the Vehicle Equipment Listing which I have, wanted to get an actual build list showing what stage the vehicle manufacturing is at .
Scroll to the last page and you should see a "Status" entry on one of the last few lines once it's in a production state (from what I understand). That's where I saw my say Status from D to D1. Supposedly there are other statuses for the build phases and inspection, but mine never updated to any of those.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts