Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The current market isn't conducive to dealer trades...so I'm kinda not surprised that the remote dealer prefers to sell it direct to you. If you want the vehicle work a deal with them. Your local folks will still get your service business.
I agree. Dealers weren't doing trades back in August 2020 when I was hunting for my 2020 TH. I spent hours looking all over the internet for a 2020 Sting Gray with Luxury Package and ProTec II. I ended up finding the Jeep after about a month of searching, but had to sacrifice the ProTec II package. In the end, no biggie.

Now I've heard dealers aren't even budging much off of MSRP. Some vehicles like the Telluride are going well over MSRP.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
I was never able to get a full build status sheet, but there is a Status line near the end of the equipment list that, for me at least showed when it went to D and D1.
Just not doing it for me seems I’ll just have to wait for dealer to update me whenever.....😏

·
Registered
62 Posts
So that equipment list for you doesn't have a status line near the end? Wonder what triggers that part. Maybe once it's scheduled in the queue or something. Mine had "special scheduling condition VII" for a while, then at one point I saw it had "Status D to D1" at the point the dealer called to say is should be arriving in 2-4 weeks. Out of curiosity, do you have a sticker yet? I thought I remembered some folks saying the sticker doesn't appear until it has started production.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
So that equipment list for you doesn't have a status line near the end? Wonder what triggers that part. Maybe once it's scheduled in the queue or something. Mine had "special scheduling condition VII" for a while, then at one point I saw it had "Status D to D1" at the point the dealer called to say is should be arriving in 2-4 weeks. Out of curiosity, do you have a sticker yet? I thought I remembered some folks saying the sticker doesn't appear until it has started production.

Nope - I heard it doesn’t usually provide the sticker until it has shipped. I chatted this morning with Jeep chat and she is officially moved to Trim status, so they are putting in the engine/interior/etc. - after that’s it’s finished. Imagine it will still be about 2-3 weeks after that stage before I have it locally

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Limit
15 Posts
Thanks for the link, contacted Jeep Chat and was advised as my vehicle was an International order I needed to contact another Jeep centre by phone.....:cautious:... damm, they don't make it easy.....over this I'll just wait to hear from my dealer to update me, when & if...??? Thanks guys for your input and information, hope you take delivery of yours soon....happy motoring; cheers from downunder 💥

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Thanks for the link, contacted Jeep Chat and was advised as my vehicle was an International order I needed to contact another Jeep centre by phone.....:cautious:... damm, they don't make it easy.....over this I'll just wait to hear from my dealer to update me, when & if...??? Thanks guys for your input and information, hope you take delivery of yours soon....happy motoring; cheers from downunder
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your dealer will start providing regular updates soon. The Jeep app was able to find my VIN today for the first time so it’s getting more real

I’m hoping it will ship out this week

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your dealer will start providing regular updates soon. The Jeep app was able to find my VIN today for the first time so it’s getting more real

I’m hoping it will ship out this week

Cheers!
Finally able to find my build sheet! At last check it was sitting at final inspection. Think I’m impatient enough to bug Jeep chat or dealer again tomorrow for the latest to see if there is an estimated ship date yet. Wasn’t as of Monday

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
641 Posts
Finally able to find my build sheet! At last check it was sitting at final inspection. Think I’m impatient enough to bug Jeep chat or dealer again tomorrow for the latest to see if there is an estimated ship date yet. Wasn’t as of Monday
Still hasn’t shipped...ugh

Dealer said it is in storage/warehouse waiting for a train to pick it up. Jeep chat said it is waiting for an inspection so how knows what’s really up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe current vehicle orders in the system is what JNAP are committed to be honouring....if you can get a VON from your dealer you should receive your vehicle as ordered 🤞
Placed an order for a trailhawk w/ hemi about a month ago. Received the von number and subsequently a vin. Thus far, they are still “gathering parts”. Hoping they continue filling orders and that it gets built.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Placed an order for a trailhawk w/ hemi about a month ago. Received the von number and subsequently a vin. Thus far, they are still “gathering parts”. Hoping they continue filling orders and that it gets built.
I just bought a new JGC Limited that was on the dealers lot. I was told that the "Limited" was the only trim that could still be ordered. He said orders on Overland, Trailhawk and others had stopped a couple of weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,787 Posts
I just bought a new JGC Limited that was on the dealers lot. I was told that the "Limited" was the only trim that could still be ordered. He said orders on Overland, Trailhawk and others had stopped a couple of weeks ago.
That particular dealer may have been out of allocation slots for other trim levels and only has slots for Limited trim... ;) It's a Jeep thing.

Reactions: morfred
41 - 60 of 64 Posts