Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2021 JGC High Altitude 3.6L
47 Posts
I just bought a new JGC Limited that was on the dealers lot. I was told that the "Limited" was the only trim that could still be ordered. He said orders on Overland, Trailhawk and others had stopped a couple of weeks ago.
Last January there were ramblings about stopping orders for higher trim level WK2s (sounded reasonable and typical of previous practice for phasing out outgoing models). I was planning on waiting for “model close-out deals” but since I heard this and was eyeing an HA, I decided to push up my purchase. Actually lucked out since the deals 4 months ago are much better than their current offers (I’m sure due to the chip shortage as well).

Supply of WK2’s will most likely be spotty for the next few months as I would imagine the new WLs will get higher priority on getting the needed chips (higher priced/higher margin vehicles).

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
666 Posts
Still hasn’t shipped...ugh

Dealer said it is in storage/warehouse waiting for a train to pick it up. Jeep chat said it is waiting for an inspection so how knows what’s really up.
SRT shipped! Apparently on the 5th - Jeep Chat told me this evening. So odd that the two other times I reached out to them on Monday and Wed it showed in storage. There must be a lag in the systems.

I’m stupid excited now to know it’s finally heading my way

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
666 Posts
Placed an order for a trailhawk w/ hemi about a month ago. Received the von number and subsequently a vin. Thus far, they are still “gathering parts”. Hoping they continue filling orders and that it gets built.
Nice! I bugged Jeep Chat twice a week and my dealer once once a week just to keep my sanity on the fact things were progressing - lol

Good luck - will be worth the wait

·
Registered
11 Posts
SRT shipped! Apparently on the 5th - Jeep Chat told me this evening. So odd that the two other times I reached out to them on Monday and Wed it showed in storage. There must be a lag in the systems.

I’m stupid excited now to know it’s finally heading my way
Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
9,977 Posts
Anyone know when they will stop making the 21’s?
There has been no indication from the company so far relative to when they will stop making the MY21 "WK2" and move into production of next-gen WL 2-row. They are already producing the 2-row, although deliveries remain delayed. Production of MY21 "WK2" seems to have been affected by supply chain things, too...some dealers have not been able to order certain trims. It's a weird year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There has been no indication from the company so far relative to when they will stop making the MY21 "WK2" and move into production of next-gen WL 2-row. They are already producing the 2-row, although deliveries remain delayed. Production of MY21 "WK2" seems to have been affected by supply chain things, too...some dealers have not been able to order certain trims. It's a weird year.
Weird year for sure! Dealer saying late July for my order to be made, but concerned if supply chain (or whatever other) issues continue, might end up being too late, depending on when they stop the 21’s.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Weird year for sure! Dealer saying late July for my order to be made, but concerned if supply chain (or whatever other) issues continue, might end up being too late, depending on when they stop the 21’s.
My dealer had the same concerns when I ordered at the end of March. Seems like Jeep is doing their best to crank out as much MY 21 as they can before they draw the line.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
666 Posts
My Jeep shipped from the factory on the 5th and still hasn’t made it to me yet down in TX. It seems to have gotten held up around some storage yard in the Dallas area. Fingers crossed I see it this weekend…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeep chat said all the parts have arrived, but it’s not yet scheduled for production. That’s progress at least! Dealer said they think it will be built week of 19th. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
666 Posts
Jeep chat said all the parts have arrived, but it’s not yet scheduled for production. That’s progress at least! Dealer said they think it will be built week of 19th. Fingers crossed!
Exciting to hear progress!

Just be glad you didn’t have your ride caught up in the flood at the storage yard. I couldn’t imagine getting that far and then your car has to be totaled for flood damage…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Exciting to hear progress!

Just be glad you didn’t have your ride caught up in the flood at the storage yard. I couldn’t imagine getting that far and then your car has to be totaled for flood damage…
I sure hope none of those were new jeep people had waited months for! anyone know how long it’s typically takes from the parts available stage to build complete?

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
666 Posts
I sure hope none of those were new jeep people had waited months for! anyone know how long it’s typically takes from the parts available stage to build complete?
Mine sat in parts available stage for about 3 weeks. Was the longest one outside of the transport time.

I was almost 2 months dead on from order to delivery down in TX

61 - 78 of 78 Posts