Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got the jeep back in may I rarely ever saw one driving around town. Truth be told, I don't think I ever saw a wk2 before and since I was driving an 01, I was always noticing jeeps. Fast forward to today, 9000 happy and solid miles later and I can't drive a mile without seeing one. I can't park in a store parking lot without seeing at least one either. I must say, that each time I see one, I always smile and do my best to figure out which model it is, whether is a v6 or 8, 4x4 or 2 etc. If I'm in the parking, I won't park next to them but I will definitely walk by to check them out. Idk why, I just do.

A few things I have noticed in my area:

Black is the most common color with white following in a close second. I have only seen three other m greys,

The ratio of 6 to 8 seems to be in favor of the 8s,

There are more 4x2s than 4x4s,

A lot of ladies are driving them,

Lastly, I have had a few couples in wk2s, when they are traveling in the opposite direction, the driver would point at mine, so I waved to them.

All in all, I'm a very happy camper with it. :)

Side note, does my font color look normal to you all?

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts
I notice the same thing Chris.

Maximum Steel, Black Silver, White, Grey then red I have only seen one forest green one. I've also noticed one Bronze Star Pearl 70th and 1 white gold. While it seems the WK still reins supreme in my area every time I see another WK2 I find myself looking at or speaking with the driver because they notice me in mine. As I too smile at the site of another Wk2....

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I have not seen another '14 on the road. Around here that just means that Cave76 and I have not crossed paths. :)

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I have not seen another '14 on the road. Around here that just means that Cave76 and I have not crossed paths. :)
I was thinking the same Bill.. I have not seen 1 2014 on the road yet.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I was thinking the same Bill.. I have not seen 1 2014 on the road yet.
I see WK2's around here all the time too. So far, I haven't seen another '14 out on the road yet other than mine, I've been looking for them!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I see WK2's around here all the time too. So far, I haven't seen another '14 out on the road yet other than mine, I've been looking for them!
WK2, oh ya I see them all over but I'm just talking about the 2014..Those I haven't seen yet.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Yeah the 11-13's are absolutely everywhere now. Very popular vehicle it has become. Up until the other day I have not seen a 2014 out in the wild yet, but I spotted a 2014 Laredo driving with dealer plates, then yesterday a 2014 Overland at a gas station.

·
Registered
Jeep Liberty
24 Posts
In my area I see a lot of WK2s which are mostly grey or black. The odd thing is the most common trim line I see is the Laredo X. I guess the second most common trim line I see driving is the Overland. The funny thing is that I have seen more SRT8s in my area than the Limiteds. I guess the Limited isn't nearly as popular as the cheaper Laredo X. I also haven't seen that many base trim Laredos either. I never really got why grey is such a popular color on many Chrysler cars these days. I do not mind the color I just would never pick that as a color.

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
On this forum alone, I am noticing a growing number of MY14 Maximum Steel that it's almost making want to go back to True Blue. Here in Central NJ, I have seen a lot of the black, silver and white. Oddly enough, saw a red one this morning. Both my Bro-in-Laws have a white X90 and Pilot so wife and I will not get a white GC.

Adding insult to injury as I await to purchase my MY14 Limited, some weeks ago as I drove up north on the Parkway, I found myself behind a black MY14 and further up north (when I sped up because I can no longer stand the torture) I found myself near the newer Durango...also in black.

I still like how different the Maximum Steel looks though seeing it in person next to a black one the other day in direct sunlight, I see it more a dark grey - I was hoping to see the "cobalt blue" shine to it coz that would have definetly sold me on the color.

I also noticed that most dealerships here in my area seem to have high stock(or in transit) MY14 in black and white and max steel mostly (found maybe 1 red and 1 blue)

As for the 4x4 - that mostly depends on the area. Here in NJ, you'll see GCs mostly as 4x4

Women drivers - I notice it but not enough to think its a womans truck as I see a good number of guys driving it in various age groups. :cool:

WK2 volume in NJ roads - plenty but not over-saturated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Limited
1,660 Posts
I see them everywhere in my part of the world as well. The WK2 has become very popular and same here, in that I can't go anywhere in town without seeing them. I have only seen one 2014 on the road but I think that was a test drive!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I haven't seen ay 14's yet and hope to be the first in the area with one. I see 11-13 models almost everywhere especially when I started to consider getting one.

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Women drivers - I notice it but not enough to think its a womans truck as I see a good number of guys driving it in various age groups. :cool:
Haha, I didn't mean it like that, just meant it as, "wow, some women have great taste."

I haven't spotted a 14 yet. But that may be because my local dealer, last week when I went to check them out, only had two trim models, no 4x4s, and maybe 14 or so on the lot. They still had a couple 12s and a few dozen 13s too. What funny to me, yet makes sense, is that the older one were on the lot and the 14s were in the back.

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Haha, I didn't mean it like that, just meant it as, "wow, some women have great taste.".
I didn't think so...I forgot to mention that I was watching this 2013 Nissan Pathfinder review where it's looks were compared to a Dodge Durango. The Durango looks "manly" but the Pathfinder, "These soft lines, firm tush (slap rear tail lights)... feminine." :slapfight:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts