Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what happens when you work nights, get home and can't sleep :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Transparent Green

Sonic Blue

Lake Placid Blue

Candy Apple Green

Pelham Blue

Shoreline Gold

Bumblebee Yellow

Surf Green

Hemi Orange

Ocean Turquoise

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
90 Posts
What's up with all the photoshopped colors? Are you wanting to repaint, wrap, or Plastidip or something?

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay just having some fun! This is what happens when you work nights and can't sleep! Thought you'd guys get a laugh!

·
Super Moderator
8,226 Posts
I like the yellow, although not that shade of yellow...I'd like either a creamier yellow or a bolder yellow, personally. I've had too many blue vehicles at this point so I wouldn't choose that. Out of all those, the red would be my second choice.

·
Registered
1994 Grand Cherokee and soon-to-be 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
24 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a trailhawk in that yellow. I recently watched a video on the new Defender. I'm not necessarily a fan of it, but the dark goldish/brown with black roof and wheels really looked good on it. Really wish jeep would get better color options. It's a sin to not have at least a dark forest green! But some of these colors would be great on the performance models.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This brings up something I've been wondering. Has anyone else noticed the lack of color options from just about all of the car companies lately? Other than Challengers with a couple of the heritage colors, everyone is selling pretty much nothing but the standard white, black, silver, gray, dark red and dark blue. Even Chevy, who has always had some nice lighter greens, blues, browns, just has the standard colors that everyone has. I noticed this since I've been looking at getting a truck and I would like a Ram again. Unfortunately they don't have any with the options I want so I started looking at other companies and nothing anywhere but bland standard basic colors. I vaugely remember several years ago a shortage of certain materials that create various colors from the Countries they come from. I wonder if that is afoot here or if all the companies just decided to go cheap. But it's pretty sad because some of these vehicles would look so much better with some decent colors.

·
Super Moderator
8,226 Posts
This brings up something I've been wondering. Has anyone else noticed the lack of color options from just about all of the car companies lately?
I've "complained" about it quite a few times. It's frustrating. Unless you select one of the few "sporty" or "specialty" (like Wrangler) vehicles, it's primarily "shades of grey" with a few muted other colors thrown in. There's also a distinct lack of non-metallic colors other than on those same special vehicles.

·
Registered
1994 Grand Cherokee and soon-to-be 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
24 Posts
This is something I've looked at before. There's many reasons. Obviously, some colors and finishes are more expensive to produce. And some blame is on the insurance companies. More expensive to repair a vehicle with an uncommon color I guess, taking into account that these particular paints wouldn't be needed so much. And for some weird reason, the majority of people just don't seem to care so much about color. Most will settle for what's on the lot, as opposed to ordering a specific color. A local dealer here had a trailhawk redline on the lot for over 2 years, and another here has had a green trailhawk for about 9 months, of which the salesman told me nobody had shown interest in it. And that's why dealers keep ordering the bland colors. At least most manufacturers have moved away from the "I give up on life" gold. Sad, really. Three of my neighbors have white CR-V's. I refuse to fall into that kind of normalcy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've "complained" about it quite a few times. It's frustrating. Unless you select one of the few "sporty" or "specialty" (like Wrangler) vehicles, it's primarily "shades of grey" with a few muted other colors thrown in. There's also a distinct lack of non-metallic colors other than on those same special vehicles.
It's like they want to pick the most unappealing colors and shades too and it's not just Jeep. I ended up with a Billet GC. FCA used to have Titanium and Bright Silver, either one of which I think looks far better than Billet. In the bright Sun Billet shows some metallic but in the shade it looks drab grey. Plus when they have another color other than the standard six, they make it so dark that it looks Black unless you put a million candle power spotlight on it from six inches away so you can tell there's some blue or green in it. So what's the point of having four shades of Black at one time? I was just wondering what the deal was because they are all doing it now. We have an Auto Mall here with practically all the makes and you can drive down it and every brand has the same pathetic colors.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I hate all of the grey/silver cars out there. Here's the best photo I have of our Black Forest green Jeep on a rare sunny winter day in Oregon when she was less than a month old. One time we were checking into a hotel and the parking lot attendants were arguing about whether to mark it down as black or green since it was late evening sun where it really depends on which side you are looking at.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts