Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can tell you right now switching to Wildpeaks on my Trailhawk is a world of difference, I went with 265/65/18 as well. I've been in snow/slush/mud up to the front bumper and it pushes right through. As I'm typing this I've watched 6-8in of snow come down in the PNW and driving my JGC with Wildpeaks is probably the most controlled vehicle I've ever driven in inclimate weather (and I've had many). The factory tires are borderline worthless for a vehicle of this caliber.
How are they for road noise? On my 14 WK2 I switched to Cooper AT's and they looked great and did well off road but after about 25k they got really really noisy, even though I rotated them every 5-6k. I want to go to a more aggressive tire when I replace the oem's on my '19 but I'm looking for an AT with good off-road and snow performance without being crazy noisy on pavement.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How are they for road noise? On my 14 WK2 I switched to Cooper AT's and they looked great and did well off road but after about 25k they got really really noisy, even though I rotated them every 5-6k. I want to go to a more aggressive tire when I replace the oem's on my '19 but I'm looking for an AT with good off-road and snow performance without being crazy noisy on pavement.
No difference in road noise with the Wildpeak. I agree with everyone else about traction in the snow and ice, Wildpeak’s are 100% better than OEM.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, minimal to no difference in road noise with the Wildpeaks. They are virtually silent going down the Hwy. For the price and performance I don't think there is a better tire. It's worth noting these are stock on all Rubicon's now so that tells you something as well.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Altitude
44 Posts
I recently installed Falken Wildpeak AT3/W’s in the OEM size of 265/60/18 on my ‘19 Altitude for winter use. They are definitely noisier than the OEM 265/50/20 Bridgestone Dueler HL 400’s but this is to be expected going from a highway tread to an aggressive off road tread. However, they are not excessively loud by any means and mostly only noticeable at lower speeds. So far I’ve been very impressed with their traction in the few light snows we’ve had. They are excellent in rain, you’d have to really try to get them to break loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Altitude
44 Posts
@jgcrp1 they are Mopar accessories I picked up on the eBay. They do a pretty good job but the cinders are already starting to chip up the very back of my rocker moldings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats!
I got these on Amazon -> Security Chain Company SZ441 Super Z6 for my Trailhawk. I did not test them yet though.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts