Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee TH
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, feeling pretty lucky to have survived 4000 miles from Detroit to Anchorage with all the ice and snow on the roads.

In hindsight it probably would have been good to know where the recovery points would be if it had an unintended off-road excursion. Do you know where you’d attach a tow strap to the front or to the rear of a Trackhawk? IMG_1309.JPG

·
Registered
2006 &2018 gc
64 Posts
Time to trade it in - It is dirty :D - good luck with it!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee TH
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that is a long way to go for a new car. Couldn't you find a good deal in Oregon or Washington?

My car buddy is in Wisconsin who helped me road trip it back. An extra benefit was the dealer was 40 miles from the factory so it only needed 1 truck ride for delivery. My Summit’s paint was very contaminated that I got from Oregon, maybe from the train ride?

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,623 Posts
So, feeling pretty lucky to have survived 4000 miles from Detroit to Anchorage with all the ice and snow on the roads.

In hindsight it probably would have been good to know where the recovery points would be if it had an unintended off-road excursion. Do you know where you’d attach a tow strap to the front or to the rear of a Trackhawk? View attachment 183106
there are not Tow hooks in the front or rear.

You could put a Factory hook in the front but have to mangle the bumper etc. Have not found a Eye bolt solution either.

Rear if you have a Hitch use a shackle.

Front that's going have to be under neath and grab from frame.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
My car buddy is in Wisconsin who helped me road trip it back. An extra benefit was the dealer was 40 miles from the factory so it only needed 1 truck ride for delivery. My Summit’s paint was very contaminated that I got from Oregon, maybe from the train ride?

Wow, I guess that’s one way to break it in fast! I would have just paid a couple hundred for paint correction to get rid of contaminants and call it a day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts