Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a surprised to get this in the mail for free, already in the process in updating it now. :D

message said you can turn off your Jeep, but I don't recommend it - it took about 30 minutes to get it loading again with warning message like nav not found, Jeep logo splash page etc..., i thought i bricked my radio.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can't beat free. How'd you manage that? Is this a 1 time use or can you "share" it?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.126 is the newest version. 2.169 is older. The numbering system does not make a lot of sense.
weird? that's good to know, but again the numbering makes no sense. hope it fixed the ipod connection and volume issues.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Chrysler sent this out? Im hoping we all receive this...

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Can't beat free. How'd you manage that? Is this a 1 time use or can you "share" it?
it just came in the mail automatically, maybe just for the 2012...?

it looks like an one time thing, i had to register on their website for an activation code for the 2012 maps and then enter it on the touch screen in the Jeep - just like installing Office on your PC when a disc is inserted.

it does erase all your user settings and radio preferences too.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Did it erase the hard drive on your Jeep too? And did it erase your cell phone pairing?
forgot to check, looks like the radio settings came back and pairings too.

it's weird and it didn't go as smoothly as I would've hoped.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You sir are a lucky man:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
11,216 Posts
I would love to get that in the mail...

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got this free update in the mail today too! But it was a long day at work, so I haven't installed it yet. Long weekend = new maps.
make sure your ignition power is on - engine not running, not the accessory because it can still turn off and you'll be in a world of hurt when it's updating :(

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
make sure your ignition power is on - engine not running, not the accessory because it can still turn off and you'll be in a world of hurt when it's updating :(
When I did this last, I used the ACC position and the radio did not turn off during the 20 minute update.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I did this last, I used the ACC position and the radio did not turn off during the 20 minute update.
but when it's the software update (~45 minutes) and map update (~1 hour) it will turn off :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
A little sleuthing at www.navigation.com/rhr/freshmap (got it from the posted pictures of the box)-

*Eligible vehicles for the complimentary update include certain vehicles manufactured between January 1, 2012 and June 30, 2012 equipped with a Uconnect 730N. The Uconnect 730N has a 3 letter code of RHR in the lower right hand corner of the face of the radio. Vehicles equipped with the RHR Navigation system can
include: Chrysler 200, 200 Convertible, Town & Country, Dodge Avenger, Challenger, Durango, Grand Caravan, Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee & Liberty, RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500.

©2012 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved. ©2012 Chrysler Group LLC. All rights reserved. Chrysler and Mopar® are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC.
†NAVTEQ Navigation Benefits Study (2009).

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A little sleuthing at www.navigation.com/rhr/refreshmap (got it from the posted pictures of the box)-

*Eligible vehicles for the complimentary update include certain vehicles manufactured between January 1, 2012 and June 30, 2012 equipped with a Uconnect 730N. The Uconnect 730N has a 3 letter code of RHR in the lower right hand corner of the face of the radio. Vehicles equipped with the RHR Navigation system can
include: Chrysler 200, 200 Convertible, Town & Country, Dodge Avenger, Challenger, Durango, Grand Caravan, Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee & Liberty, RAM 1500, 2500 & 3500.

©2012 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved. ©2012 Chrysler Group LLC. All rights reserved. Chrysler and Mopar® are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC.
†NAVTEQ Navigation Benefits Study (2009).
link doesn't work?

here's the one bro: Chrysler_Fresh_Maps

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.