Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got around to installing my AFE Stage 2 Dry Filter CAI on my 2013 3.6L Laredo. Install took about an hour and a half due to unclear directions provided by AFE lol. Overall fitment is pretty good and everything is solid and secure. The engine cover fits over perfectly as well. My initial opinion is the sound is AMAZING, sounds very mean in the 4k + rpm range. Also feel a power increase in that same rpm range as well. Will report back on whether MPG increases or not.

Here's some pics:

·
Registered
43 Posts
not really concerned with mpg since coming from the v8 the v6 rocks in the mpg dept. I'm just looking for better sound / can you post a video?

also I just noticed you installed on 2013 / would anyone know if this is the same fit for 2014 v6?

·
Registered
288 Posts
not really concerned with mpg since coming from the v8 the v6 rocks in the mpg dept. I'm just looking for better sound / can you post a video?

also I just noticed you installed on 2013 / would anyone know if this is the same fit for 2014 v6?
The '13 and '14 engines and all the plumbing are the same. I put a 2011-2013 K&N intake my '14 and it fit perfectly.

Tony

·
Premium Member
Limited 4X4
819 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys just got around to installing my AFE Stage 2 Dry Filter CAI on my 2013 3.6L Laredo. Install took about an hour and a half due to unclear directions provided by AFE lol. Overall fitment is pretty good and everything is solid and secure. The engine cover fits over perfectly as well. My initial opinion is the sound is AMAZING, sounds very mean in the 4k + rpm range. Also feel a power increase in that same rpm range as well. Will report back on whether MPG increases or not.

Hey any chance we can get a sound clip? Is this worth getting? I was holding out for Volant since it made the 2011 Hemi sound awesome / but they haven't returned any of my emails...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the input - where did you guys order from? Afepower.com has this for $341 & autoanything.com has it at $222 with some promo. Never bought from either so any opinions would help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Unless you put it on a dyno, you'll never know. However, I wouldn't chose a K&N if going drop-in. I'd pick a dry alternative instead: aFe, etc. Once you go to a dry filter, you will not want to go back to oiled-gauze. Maintenance on oiled filters is a pain.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
206 Posts
does the airbox on this afe intake utilize all the air scoops and ducting that are built in to the engine compartment? so that the air is being force fed into the box housing the cone filter.

I like the volant because it looks like a sealed airbox that takes advanage of the builtin factory air inlets. The afe just hopes to create a "seal" when you close the hood i guess, and hope that its enough to protect from heatsoak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No currently no Volant for v6 - I like many others have emailed customer support without getting any response back at all. I really enjoyed the Volant on my 2011 Hemi / and was willing to wait for the 2014 v6. After poor customer service I decided not to wait and went with the afe. Just got delivered today will install over the weekend.

I assume it's pretty much plug and play right? Any gotchas to look out for when installing?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.