Hertz HCX 165 for rear

JL XD700/5

Audio Control LC7i

Doing the install myself. Ill try to post pics when I get everything

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, can't wait to hear a review on those. I'm still waiting for my local shop to get some in.
Auditioned these at a local shop and fell in love. Never really heard of them till I started researching. Was gonna just buy it from the shop but felt like they weren't totally honest with me. Came home and found a better deal online.

·
Registered
2013 Laredo X
31 Posts
Do you mind if I ask what your shop was charging? I got quoted for 450 for the hsk, 250 for the hcx. Trying to get a roundabout of how much I'd save with Amazon

·
Registered
Trailhawk
1,011 Posts
Following post to see pictures and hear about results. Do ask me of you run into any problems I can try to be of assistance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mind if I ask what your shop was charging? I got quoted for 450 for the hsk, 250 for the hcx. Trying to get a roundabout of how much I'd save with Amazon
They quoted me $1700 for everything, but that was with the ESK's and an audison amp. The amp was really big so I decided to go with the JL to save some space. Ill be paying pretty much the same total but with HSK's instead. The $450 and $250 sounds like a good deal considering they are an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Following post to see pictures and hear about results. Do ask me of you run into any problems I can try to be of assistance.
Thankyou. FedEx tried delivering my speakers yesterday but I wasn't home to receive them. Now I gotta wait till Tuesday. The anticipation is killing me. Lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was going through your thread, killer setup man. Anyway was wondering why you took your center console off. Did you run wires through there? Also did you find the culprit of the low level noise? Just wondering so I can weed out any problems before I start. My guess would be rca's, had that happen to me before. What kind did you use?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got them on amazon but its shipped from Woofers etc. A little cheaper than going straight to their site. Plus I buy from amazon all the time and I like their service.
FYI, there are many people selling fake Hertz speakers out there (not saying that yours are fake by any means) so I would suggest verifying by going to Hertz's website. They have quite a few PDF docs that tell you how to spot knock offs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI, there are many people selling fake Hertz speakers out there (not saying that yours are fake by any means) so I would suggest verifying by going to Hertz's website. They have quite a few PDF docs that tell you how to spot knock offs.
Yes that was my main worry. Definitely gonna inspect it thoroughly before I install. These weren't cheap by any means just cheaper than my local shop so I'm not too worried. Amazon has an awesome return policy if I do feel suspect about anything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes that was my main worry. Definitely gonna inspect it thoroughly before I install. These weren't cheap by any means just cheaper than my local shop so I'm not too worried. Amazon has an awesome return policy if I do feel suspect about anything.
Sounds good, let me know how you make out. I'm looking to get HSKs as well and got an over the phone quote of $549 but they don't have them in stock or on a sound board. I already have a set of ESKs would love to "hear" how much better the HSKs are.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got home from work and everything is here. Opened the HSK's and did a side by side with the hertz website's "fakes" PDF. These are legit man. I'm excited. Everything is spot on with the real ones. If your willing to pull the trigger amazon has em for $399 shipped. Make sure it's shipped from woofersetc. Pics of the equipment coming soon....

·
Registered
2013 Laredo X
31 Posts
Just got home from work and everything is here. Opened the HSK's and did a side by side with the hertz website's "fakes" PDF. These are legit man. I'm excited. Everything is spot on with the real ones. If your willing to pull the trigger amazon has em for $399 shipped. Make sure it's shipped from woofersetc. Pics of the equipment coming soon....

Great, glad you didn't get burned on them. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installing tomorrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 88 Posts