Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saying hello!

New to this forum. I have a 2002 Wrangler I purchased last year and the whole family loves it. I grew up driving my dad's Jeeps (CJ5 and a 1987 AMC Wrangler, which he still has) but was out of them for 25 years. I had a Saab as a DD and when the company closed up shop, I wanted a convertible and something that could get me around in the snow, so I got back into Jeeps.

Two weeks ago, my wife was taking me to a doctor's appt when a guy ran a red light and we hit him at 45-50mph. Totaled our family wagon (TSX Sportwagon) but we both walked away. We were going to get another TSX wagon when we saw the GC at the NY Auto Show and my wife asked, "why aren't we looking at Jeeps?" So we did. Two weeks later, there's a Limited in our driveway!

So far we LOVE it! More room, better NAV, backup camera is better, interior is more luxurious, and it's only .6" longer than our TSX and has the same turning radius oddly enough.

Only drawback? My wife dropped off the kiddo at school, came back and told me, "I'm averaging 12mpg." And no, this isn't the HEMI.

Hey. At least it takes regular gas!

Cheers!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I'm also trying to get used to the MPG... right now doing 15mpg on city and a small portion on highway... but mostly because they have good timing on the traffic lights so there isn't much stop and go! I can see a 12 mpg on bad traffic and lots of stop and go!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts